Looking for members doing CICO.

Options
It is the age old solution to weight loss. Calories in vs Calories out. Just curious to see who here practices this method and has been successful.

Replies

• drachfit
    drachfit Posts: 217 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    its MyFitnessPal, so, everyone on this board

lost 80lbs in one go using this simple method and have been able to maintain, gain, and lose weight ever since with great precision.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    drachfit wrote: »

Except the ones doing cleanses/detoxes or posting threads about "CICO is a myth". They're speshul snowflakes. :D

The rest of us have figured out that CICO is the only thing that works.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Even they are doing CICO ...they just dont realise it and they are more likely to yo-yo cos of following fashion / fad and a belief in short term fixes rather than science
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Anyone* who has lost weight has done it because their calories in were less than their calories out.

*excluding giving birth, etc.
  • dalem54494
    dalem54494 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm down 190# doing CICO
  • ChiffonLaRue14
    ChiffonLaRue14 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Down about 90 lbs. in 7 months or so. CICO works. The weight loss was faster because I was able to creat a negative calorie deficit. Took a while to get used to but so far so good :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,633 Member
    Options
    Down about 90 lbs. in 7 months or so. CICO works. The weight loss was faster because I was able to creat a negative calorie deficit. Took a while to get used to but so far so good :)

Wait. What?

And yes, OP. This is basically a calorie counting site so...most of us. :)
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    The thing is that CICO works if all you want to do is lose some weight and don't care how you feel or if you will keep the weight off for any amount of time.
    I think what some of these people are trying to say is CICO ALONE is not your best choice. Yes a calorie deficit is what you need to drop pounds. BUT to keep them off, to feel energetic etc there is just so much more to it.
    In the end, the choice is yours, though
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Except the ones doing cleanses/detoxes or posting threads about "CICO is a myth". They're speshul snowflakes. :D

That us not all that matters. More complicated than CICO when I lost weight. I actually had to use my brain and learn about nutrition to eat correctly as I had a medical condition and will never get rid of it, just got to control it. Bunch of sheep like behavior in my opinion. There are people out there doing exactly the right things using CICO but is not the answer to theirs so they post on here I see it all the time. Why aren't I losing??

Sheep here because they are not in a deficit and howyou get there is a personal preference.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

That us not all that matters. More complicated than CICO when I lost weight. I actually had to use my brain and learn about nutrition to eat correctly as I had a medical condition and will never get rid of it, just got to control it. Bunch of sheep like behavior in my opinion. There are people out there doing exactly the right things using CICO but is not the answer to theirs so they post on here I see it all the time. Why aren't I losing??

Sheep here because they are not in a deficit and howyou get there is a personal preference.
    BOOM!

drops mic...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Yep. If you're not losing, you're not in a deficit. Simple as that. May be because you're not measuring/logging correctly, may be because you're overestimating exercise calories, may be because of some medical condition that's messing with the CO side of the equation in some way - but one way or the other, you're not in a deficit. Rationalize or it make all the excuses you want, but that's a cold, hard fact.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Yep. If you're not losing, you're not in a deficit. Simple as that. May be because you're not measuring/logging correctly, may be because you're overestimating exercise calories, may be because of some medical condition that's messing with the CO side of the equation in some way - but one way or the other, you're not in a deficit. Rationalize or it make all the excuses you want, but that's a cold, hard fact.

Qft!!

The ones who claim cico doesn't work have messed up their calculations ( usually overestimated exercise cals, underestimated food cals, wrong activity level and so on ) unless one has a medical condition , cico does work. Its fact.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Anyone losing weight is doing CICO...they may not be counting calories, but they're doing CICO.

This is a calorie counting website, so the vast majority here are using calorie counting as their methodology...which is what I assume you're getting at OP.
  • alismommy1992
    alismommy1992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do cico i eat what i want just using portion control and ive lost almost 40 pnds in 2 months so yup u can still eat what u want and lose weight also i do workout when i can