Eating more to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    trinty425 wrote: »
    And yes, I think I am a "special" case. I have been burning more calories than I have been eating for literally YEARS without any weight loss.

Hi Trinity425,

It can seem like people are being super mean when they say that you're "in denial" (is there ever a nice way to say that to someone? haha). But the thing is, they have your best interests at heart. I doubt anyone thinks that you're lying about what you're eating or anything. You might think, "no one knows what I'm doing, how can they keep telling me I'm in denial?"

The thing is, nobody's body can create energy from nothing - this is physically impossible. Scientifically impossible.

If you're not losing weight, this means that you have not been eating at a deficit for an extended period of time. It may not mean you're eating a tonne of food, or that you're eating "unhealthily" or anything - it just means that the balance of calories you're eating compared to calories your body burns is a bit off. The solution to not losing weight is to consume less calories, or to burn more calories (or a combination of both).

If you're struggling to lose weight, I would encourage you to take a look at your logging - there are some unexpected places where we get it a little wrong, that a lot of us have had to find out the hard way. For example, measuring cups are only for liquids - all solid foods need to be weighed on a food scale because cup measurements will vary depending on how densely you pack the food in. A huge thing I've learned is that I actually have to weigh pre-packaged foods - I had previously just trusted that "1 serving" meant what it said! However, 1 of my slices of bread usually weighs about 20% more than the listed serving size, so that's a bit more calories. It all adds up, to the point where the little inaccuracies can actually wipe out your deficit for the whole day. Frustrating, but definitely something that can be overcome.