Im 5'2 How many inches and lbs until weight loss is noticeable

Options
Im 5'2 and began this journey at 234.6 and now I weight 214.6. Thats 20lbs lost so far. I haven't noticed really much of a change in my body. My measurements show I have lost 2 inches but I haven't had any noticeable changes. I wear the same clothes, some of my pants fit a little loser and belts went down one notch but other than that, there is no drastic change. I keep reading that 20lbs is when it is really noticeable. Is that true?

Replies

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Generally we are more critical of ourselves than others are. Best suggestion is to look at selfies. I generally see the weight off in my cheeks. Take some private--- NO ONE CAN SEE BUT YOU--- pics to see the difference. It depends on what you are looking for too. At our height, it's harder to notice so... Take measurements, and be clear about them. Make sure you recognize the differences in yourself!!! Don't downplay a 20 lb loss though. That's an awesome achievement. You deserve self recognition at it's best. Keep going for what you would like to do.

Best of Luck on your journey.
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm "about" 5'3'' and have lost 18 pounds and roughly 6 inches throughout my body....nobody around me has noticed the difference and act shocked when I tell them....Maybe it's more water weight loss? I'm not sure.
    However, I HAVE been taking photos since day 1 and taking measurements, and I can definitely tell the difference. It's not a HUGE difference, but I know it will be noticeable soon enough :smile: That just makes me want to keep going harder!
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started at 226 pounds at 5'2". People started commenting when I dropped to 175 or so. I'm around 140 now and am starting to get the comments about how I should stop losing weight now.
  • slong12041989
    slong12041989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't think any of us can really tell you a number when it will be most noticeable. Everyone is different! I started to really notice, and friends and family commented, after I lost 30 lbs, BUT I also moved out of state and came back to visit after that jump, so that probably makes it seem like a more dramatic difference. People didn't see me thoughout, losing 1 or 2 lbs a week, or every two weeks or whatever, just I weighed around 180 when I left and 150 when I came back.

I agree that when you've lost enough to buy new sizes of clothes is when you start to really feel smaller. Wearing my old clothes they still fit, but we're just a little baggier so I didn't think it was that much. Then when I went to the store and size 8 jeans fit instead of size 12 or 14 I was really surprised!