I have a question for anyone experienced

Hi, so I started my weight loss journey 41 days ago. I started at 201 lbs.
I'm sticking to a 1200 calorie diet, working out 3-5 times a week.

I have lost 15.6 lbs. which I'm very happy about. But my goal is to be down to 150 by July. "I've been told that is a very reasonable goal"

Though I feel as if i am at a stand still.
2 weeks ago I only lost 0.7, this last week I only lost 1.3

I have changed my workout this last week and started doing HIIT workouts right when I wake up "my fasted state."

Do you know of any advise you can give me to start seeing more progress on the scale when I weigh in every Monday morning ?

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Your weight loss will slow down the closer you get to goal weight. Additionally, 35lbs in 4 months, when you are not obese, is a bit steep. Keep doing what you are doing - it's working.
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    My advice would be to try and get over this arbitrary goal. If you start doing extreme things to yourself and your diet to lose the weight faster at this point in the game, I'm pretty certain you will give up sometime between now and July or regain quickly. Just stick to your calories and let your body figure out the rest. You will lose the weight eventually, there is no other way but what does it matter if that's in July or August or October?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    So you are losing a pound just about every 2.6 days, or over two pounds a week. This is pretty much the maximum recommended loss most people cannot keep that up once they are nearer their goal. My advice is to keep doing what is working and give up thinking that you should way a certain amount by a certain date. I don't think it's usually advisable to set those date goals.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    My advice is have patience. Is it possible to lose that much in that amount of time? Yes. Should you? Probably not. Losing faster usually doesn't stick and quickly comes back. My weight loss has not went as fast as I would like but, I am still 37 lbs lighter than I was when I started. Patience is one thing that is the most beneficial to be successful in weight loss. Weight loss is not linear.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    My advice is to scale back your goal. 51 pounds in 9-12 months for a woman your size is likely to be more comfortably attainable.
  • MikeAV8s
    MikeAV8s Posts: 85 Member
    My advice, stock up on gifts for the people you love, you will need them to make up. You will probably be hard to be around. Very steep goal, but good luck.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    silviam8 wrote: »
    Hi, so I started my weight loss journey 41 days ago. I started at 201 lbs.
    I'm sticking to a 1200 calorie diet, working out 3-5 times a week.

I have lost 15.6 lbs. which I'm very happy about. But my goal is to be down to 150 by July. "I've been told that is a very reasonable goal"

Though I feel as if i am at a stand still.
    2 weeks ago I only lost 0.7, this last week I only lost 1.3

I have changed my workout this last week and started doing HIIT workouts right when I wake up "my fasted state."

Do you know of any advise you can give me to start seeing more progress on the scale when I weigh in every Monday morning ?

Tighten up logging.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Question: Will the world end if you don't hit 150lbs by July?

If "NO", then just focus on steady, healthy loss.

If "YES", please specify which day so that I can prepare appropriately.