Accountabilibuddy!

Options
I want a accountabilibuddy! Where do I find one?

Replies

• cathyL11
    cathyL11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Shaydm if you can't find a person try using StickK.com.
    It's a free website where you set specific measureable weekly goals and then wager with the site to keep to the goal. For eg I registered my credit card with them and wagered $100 /week that I could lose 16 lb in 16 weeks. I am just over half way through and so far have not lost a penny but have lost about 10 lbs. I made it even more motivating by designating an organization that I despise to receive the weekly wager if I lose.
    The thought of that despised organization getting $100 or more from me is enough to dampen my appetite and keep me on the straight and narrow. In the past when people have started commenting on how good I look, that was enough to make me lose motivation and I would start giving myself permission to relax and that would derail me and I would not reach my goals. But now that I have cold hard cash on the line, I feel immune to my coworker's compliments and am determined to stay the course and not waver until I reach my goal.
    Once I reach my goal the contract ends but I could take out another contract pledging to stay within 5 lbs of my ideal weight.