Is it possible?

Options
Had a tiny blip last week during a week of work, but gained less than 1lb, however, I have booked a sunshine holiday for 1st May. Is it possible to lose 1 and a half stone in 2 months? During this time I have a birthday, which I will celebrate in style. What do you think guys? Any tips?

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    It would be difficult. To do it safely without detriment to health - no.

8 weeks at 2lb per week gives you a loss of 16lb - a bit short of the 21lb you are shooting for.

Also, in my experience when you diet up to an event like a holiday, when you start eating normally you put on a few lbs of water weight. This can make you look a little bloated and soft for a week or so. And so, I would usually recommend having a week or two at maintenance before a beach type holiday let that water weight come and then dissipate.

In your situation I would:
    • Set my loss at 2lb per week
    • Incorporate some regular strength exercise into my weekly routine - this will improve your appearance better than pretty much anything else you can do in this time scale.
    • Log accurately and consistently
    • Give myself a 24 hour window to celebrate my birthday - not the whole weekend: Just a day.
    • 2 weeks before the holiday I would bring my cals up to the 1lb per week level
    • 1 week out I'd go to maintenance

• Photoarts
    Photoarts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can live with 16lb. It will get my weight under another stone target. Thanks for your advise.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well decreasing to 1 pound 2 weeks prior to vacation would essentially be 15 pounds and then eating at maintenance would be 0 pounds lost that week.

So the above poster is saying do 2 pounds for 7 weeks and 1 pound for 1 week for a total loss of 15 pounds. And with this said, this is only true if your body takes to loosing 2 pounds the very first week which in some cases to start loosing it can take up to 3 weeks if you are logging everything to a tee.

When you incorporate strength training into the mix, the scale is going to show some various things such as the scale will be upping a bit as you introduce changes in water fluctions etc. do the exercise. So be aware of this if you plan to lift weights.

And logging accurately and consistently without a food scale is not good advice. You should adhere to your deficit by weighing all the food you consume.

I do not know anything about your age, current stats, height, weight in order to even state that 2 pounds is not to aggressive.

I think personally this is not achievable to get what you want in 8 weeks. You need more time.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    logging accurately and consistently without a food scale is not good advice. You should adhere to your deficit by weighing all the food you consume.

I do not know anything about your age, current stats, height, weight in order to even state that 2 pounds is not to aggressive.

^^ good points.

• Photoarts
    Photoarts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have to have a target weight. I have booked the holiday and frankly if I lose 1 stone before we go I will be very happy. My first target is half a stone by the end of March. That I am sure is possible.