breaking free of anxiety and starting my weight loss journey

Options
2»

Replies

• alexandraroxanne
    alexandraroxanne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's great you're deciding to be proactive! I think it's brave of you to post this, I know most people don't like talking about mental illness. I'm also hoping changing my lifestyle and getting into fitness/healthy eating will be a positive thing to keep my mind on (and out of the house). I hope everything works out for you! Best of luck! And feel free to add me if you need some motivation, I'm new to this so I'm still trying to figure out how everything works!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Is very basic and important that you eat every 3-4 hours

I'm not sure why you bolded your advice, because it's wrong. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss.

• Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I understand how depression makes you feel. You are working on it and that is great news. Try not to isolate yourself too much and keep reaching out to others. You are severely restricting your caloric intake and I am positive that this is setting you up for failure. Also this cycle is going to add to you feeling worse about yourself. Please don't overly restrict your calories and you may want to try 15 mins of exercise (helps boost your mood) If you do this in a healthy way your whole outlook will change. Set your self up for success, this is a journey not something that will change overnight. Small changes over time= big changes for a better life. Blessings to you.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like! I too suffer from anxiety and depression and have been trying to slowly overcome it.