10 lb to lose, no progress 8 weeks in

Options
for ladies who have less than 10lb to lose - how long did it take before you see progress? I'm 5'6" @130, I want to get down to 120lb. I just want to cut down to a lean weight for a race I'm running in April. Been eating around 1,200-1,400 and slightly increased workout intensity (I've always been working out - been running long distance and lifting heavy; just increase frequency from 3 to 5 days).
I am seeing no progress with body measurement and BF%; I've pretty much banished the scale to the basement because I get so depressed at the lack of progress I get pretty depressed on the days I weigh in.
Does anybody have similar experience?

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Raises hand high!!! Today is when I may banish that scale. Im 5'3, 133, with a GW of 123-128. My trainer - who I hired to lose the 10 pounds - told me to up my calories to 1400 from 1200 (1200 was too low) so I was blaming her for the gain and furious and dejected. I wasn't an athlete so the increase in calories, specifically some carbs, plus the 5-6 day a week workout, she explained, would result in some water weight. Just this week, about 6-8 weeks later, the scale is starting to go down. I'm taking an extra rest day and I do see changes in my body. Clothes fit looser, I am definitely stronger, and I see some definition in my arms and lower belly and back that wasn't there before. I am resisting the temptation to go back to 1200. I've done that twice and lost the weight, but obviously, it didn't stay lost.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ask - you see or feel NO progress at all?
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    I forgot to ask - you see or feel NO progress at all?

Glad to see your progress! that's very encouraging! No I see no progress - not on scale, not in measurement. That's what's really getting to me. But I do feel healthier from more mindful eating - so at least something!