Frustrated at 1200 calories..advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Really look into what you're eating. Like, try not to eat empty foods, the ones that have high calories but little to no other real benefit. Try to find foods that you like that are rich in fiber, protein, or both. Also, look into meal replacement shakes (which tend to have lots of proteins) or whey protein. Lean1 is a meal replacement I really like. Something like 17g of protein. It's also got veggies and vitamins and such. Optimum nutrition gold standard is a whey protein powder that I've recently started on. At 120 calories, it's almost half the calories of Lean1 (though I do have to use milk instead of water with this one so it brings those calories back up a little), and 24g of protein. Both keep me full for quite some time, which helps to stay within the 1200 limit. There are so many others on the market, and a Google search will help you pinpoint which, if any, you'd like to try.

Another thing that really helps me is planning my meals every day. Every morning, I get on here and basically plan what I'm going to eat so that I can manipulate my macros before I go just willy nilly in the kitchen. That would also help with eating out. If you know you're going to be eating out, go ahead and log that, and plan around it. Maybe that'll be the day you have 2 meal replacement/ protein shakes and the one, calorie-intensive, meal from eating out, etc etc

Lastly, smaller portions more times a day does wonders

It's all about finding the routine and foods that you like and that work for you. You got this!