strongs lifts for weightloss protein shake or no?

Options
hi. I have started the strong lifts program and will be a little under on my protein. should I add a cut something out and add a protein shake? still have a bit to lose didn't know if adding a protein shake would make me gain more? trying to lose 2 pounds a week until the middle of june.

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    As long as you have the calories for it. Go for it. I prelog my protein shake s especially on lift days simply to get close to that macro.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I try to have a mix of one scoop of whey protein with a cup of unsweetened almond milk just after I get home from the gym on lifting days -- seems to take some of the stiffness out of my body and in general makes me feel a little better after pushing the muscles for a hour or so.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    when i'm going for weight loss, i usually cut out my protein shakes and keep my macros around 50/25/25
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose?
    I am guessing unless you have 75+ lbs to lose, that 2lbs/week is too aggressive of a weekly goal, especially while running a program like strong-lifts.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for the help. I am not sure how to tag someone in a post. SonyaCele I don't really understand macros I hear about them but what is the 50/25/25? Also Erickirb I am trying to lose 50 more. what is reasonable weight loss per week for that amount?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    myaminals wrote: »
    thank you everyone for the help. I am not sure how to tag someone in a post. SonyaCele I don't really understand macros I hear about them but what is the 50/25/25? Also Erickirb I am trying to lose 50 more. what is reasonable weight loss per week for that amount?

the macro split refers to % of calories from Carbs/Protein/Fat.
    with 50lbs to lose 1-1.5lbs/week is a good goal.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

erickirb wrote: »
    myaminals wrote: »

the macro split refers to % of calories from Carbs/Protein/Fat.
    with 50lbs to lose 1-1.5lbs/week is a good goal.

Thank you!