5" feet under Success Stories?

Options
Trinique34
Trinique34 Posts: 53 Member
Would love to see some success stories for us shorties. I'm currently 4"11 and weigh 142 lbs. Just started working out with a trainer and counting calories. I come from a background of low carb high protein diets and it's really hard for me to eat normal now. I need some motivation to see that diet & exercise CAN work to reach goal. I did Ideal Protein for years but never had the will power or energy to keep it up, I was tired, lethargic and hungry, plus my hair would fall off. Decided I'm older now and need to start looking after my health.

Replies

• KathrynMae
    KathrynMae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10 and weigh 136. Dr.said I have to lose weight and lower blood pressure or go on meds.Have to lose it now!
  • Trinique34
    Options
    I wish I could be 136 :)
  • carlyne0813
    carlyne0813 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2, spent 3 months to lose 26.5 pounds. Initially my weigh was 136lbs, and I had had enough with how I looked like in front of the mirror. I was determined to control and plan my diet wisely, work out and stay away from all those junk food and fast food as possible. Now, I'm kinda satisfied with how I looked like and I'm thinking of lose a little bit more pound. kf7a4b2rq7rr.jpg
    63mbreftxxmn.jpg
  • Rach_B_81
    Rach_B_81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    4' 10"
    Before is June 2015 165lb (ish)
    Current is March 2016 123lb

nf3fbowxztwj.jpeg
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Omg!! Please tell me how you did it @ rach_b_82
    I'm 4"11 and struggling what calories or did u eat clean ?please can u share all!
  • Rach_B_81
    Options
    I've had to be honest with my logging of both food and exercise.
    I stick close to 1200 cals a day try and keep my excercise deficit to -500 or more (in the green so in addition to the deficit that mfp gives me).

My main issue with food was portions. I was eatting almost as much as my husband.. oops!

We still go out once a week for dinner, and I've changed my selections (salad instead of fries, chicken sandwich instead of burgers...although I do have a few bites of his). I've added way more fruits and veggies to my diet but still eat bread and pasta. You can add me, my diary is open to friends :)

For exercise it started with walking more at work. Then I got a Fitbit and got competitive
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2, spent 3 months to lose 26.5 pounds. Initially my weigh was 136lbs, and I had had enough with how I looked like in front of the mirror. I was determined to control and plan my diet wisely, work out and stay away from all those junk food and fast food as possible. Now, I'm kinda satisfied with how I looked like and I'm thinking of lose a little bit more pound. kf7a4b2rq7rr.jpg
    63mbreftxxmn.jpg

I love your tummy. It looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

zbakrjc
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started at 218lbs. Got down to 133 but am up to 145 right now...you know...winter gain. :tongue:

j9lh2ppszb10.jpeg

• kindergartenpam
    kindergartenpam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Do You mind sharing your age?
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Looking great! ! You all should be soooooo proud!!
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    @kindergartenpam, are you talking to me? If so, I'm 40 :smile:

• Trinique34
    Options
    These pictures give me hope. Thanks for sharing.
    Did anyone do any fad diets or cut back on carbs or simply counted calories and exercised?
  • Rach_B_81
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've done nothing fancy. I would like to think I eat the same just less but I did adjust my recipes to make them lower calories so that I can eat more.

But If I want chocolate I eat it. If I crave a piece of bread I have it. I sometimes will exercise more to make up for it, or not eat a snack I had planned on, or I take the hit and over eat that day and get back on track the rest of the week.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11. Started at 155 and now hover between 121-124. But I still carry too much weight in my stomach and am struggling with losing more weight. It came
    Off steadily, exactly .5 lb a week, for many months until I got this current range.
    Simply using mfp and staying in calorie deficit worked. Now I think it's getting harder as I'm closer to goal and need even fewer calories. Harder to stay on track (and very easy to underestimate calories).
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of the ones who have a success story. For those who are struggling, keep moving forward to attain your goal.
  • slackey77
    slackey77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @ rach_b_82 you look amazing, way to go!
  • jessicagilb
    jessicagilb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is a nearly 2 yr process. I quit for a while but have hit it hard the last 10-12mos.
    I'm 5'0. SW:200 CW:159
    qw5hsa4b254w.jpg
  • IdaL21
    IdaL21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Rach_B_81 wrote: »
    I've had to be honest with my logging of both food and exercise.
    I stick close to 1200 cals a day try and keep my excercise deficit to -500 or more (in the green so in addition to the deficit that mfp gives me).

My main issue with food was portions. I was eatting almost as much as my husband.. oops!

We still go out once a week for dinner, and I've changed my selections (salad instead of fries, chicken sandwich instead of burgers...although I do have a few bites of his). I've added way more fruits and veggies to my diet but still eat bread and pasta. You can add me, my diary is open to friends :)

For exercise it started with walking more at work. Then I got a Fitbit and got competitive

• Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    4ft 11 here
  • Rach_B_81
    Options
    slackey77 wrote: »
    @ rach_b_82 you look amazing, way to go!

Thanks! :blush:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!