Lost 101lbs

Now how do I keep it off, it seems like losing was the easy part looking back!!! Maybe I need a support group!!! Lol

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Congrats! That's an incredible accomplishment!

If you're looking to transition from losing to maintaining, try increasing your calories slowly. Many people increase their daily calories by 100 each week until they hit their maintenance level. Once you're there, you'll probably have to tweak your calorie level slightly to figure out exactly what you need to maintain.

Lots of people continue to log as they maintain. In a sense, you're teaching yourself how to eat again - we all know how to eat to gain weight, and we get on MFP to figure out how to eat to lose weight, but now we have to figure out how to maintain.

Also, if you haven't, figure out a 5-pound range to maintain. No one maintains at just one number - it's usually a range of, say, 135-140.
  • PegMoffat
    PegMoffat Posts: 24 Member
    Congratulations! Keep tracking, weigh regularly and choose a 3-5 lb range at which you want to maintain. Oh and enjoy your amazing accomplishment.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Congraulations

To keep it off...same work only more calories so more fun.

Take your last months loss
    Say for example 2 pounds
    That is equal to 7000 calories
    Meaning you ate 7000 calories under you maintenance level.
    When you take your lasts months intake plus your loss and you got your maintaining numbers

Example
    you ate for a month 1400 calories a day for 4 weeks
    you lost in those 4 weeks 1 lbs = 3500 calories
    Than means you at 125 calories less daily than you maintain. so 1525 calories a day.

this is calculated without considering exercise.

What i did to maintain is upping slowly over some weeks. So 100 calories daily more for 2 or 3 weeks....when i kept losing up it again for some weeks, etc etc

This is how i found out that my maintaining numbers is much higher than expected ( i lose weight very slowly on 2000 calories a day).
    And start gaining on 2300 aboutish

95069916.png
  • itsrawr
    itsrawr Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you all!!! I'm so nervous I don't want to mess this up!!! If I keep doing what I'm doing I'll keep losing weight and that's not the goal. Awesome tips thank you very much!!!! <3
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    itsrawr wrote: »
    Thank you all!!! I'm so nervous I don't want to mess this up!!! If I keep doing what I'm doing I'll keep losing weight and that's not the goal. Awesome tips thank you very much!!!! <3

You wont mess up sweety...really you lost 101 lbs. All the hard work you did for this
    Just keep doing what you did just with some more calories and you will be fine
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    I totally get it! I know how to lose and I know how to gain. This maintenance thing is a totally strange concept. I feel confident that I have the tools to keep it up some days. Other days I worry I'll get fat again. I'm trying to be confident and not over analyze everything.
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    wow congratulations!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Congratulations! What you do is to keep doing what you've been doing, but with more calories.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    I just stopped eating the low-cal options I was eating for more full-flavored choices. So real mayo instead of lite, half-n-half instead of lite creamer, whole wheat bread instead of low-cal low-carb options, etc. That way I wasn't eating all new things, just the same stuff differently. And gave myself more room to have cheat meals here or there.

I recently bounced up about 7 lbs and had to get back on the bandwagon. Already lost like 4 in the first week. You'll bounce around, and you can be bad every now and again and then have to tighten up and drop a few agsin. Very few people get to maintenance and just stay there.

Good luck! You worked hard to get here so enjoy it!
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    You live in Colorado, there is loads of outdoorsy activities to do there to keep the weight off. Just stay away from the marijuana, you might get the munchies.
  • insagtlori
    insagtlori Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations on the weight loss - it's quite an achievement. I lost 107lbs over 3 years ago and understand the ups and downs of keeping it off. I fell off the wagon and gained 20 over the past year, but back to it again. Feel free to friend me :smiley: I an also use all the support I can get...