Shoes !

Options
Not sure where else to put this. I don't need running shoes but I need comfortable shoes and I really want to get user input before I fork over 1/10 of my monthly paycheck to shoes! With that said. What are your feet most comfortable in for general wear?!

Replies

• Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I like New Balance but I also have some Brooks. Some of the websites have tools to help you determine which specific models would suit your needs best. I was never a believer in spending much on shoes until I bought my first "expensive" pair and my knees stopped hurting after the first month. I doubt you will regret the investment.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Are the shows for working out but just not running? Maybe a cross trainer would make sense?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Your feet are probably different than mine. Your stance, posture, and gait are probably different than mine. What I like has pretty much no bearing on what you will or won't like.

Go try some stuff on. Find a place that has all the shoes on the floor (not where you have to ask a sales person to go in the back and get your size) and try on as many shoes as you can. Figure out what you like and don't like, and go from there.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Asking for other people's favourite shoes isn't going to help you, as feet are very individual (and gait even more so) so what works for Person A is unlikely to do so for Person B. It also depends on what you plan to use them for specifically.
  • kes840
    kes840 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I went and got fitted at the place where the runners go...tried everything on and wound up with a pair of Brooks running shoes a size and an half bigger than I thought I was. I'm just walking, not running, but my feet feel great! The value of good professional advice.