Cramps During Ovulation Time

Options
I am 37 and I have been getting cramps around ovulation time (mid cycle) for about an year now. I have an IUD, so I get mild periods and no cramps during periods. I don't think IUD is the reason as I have been getting it a few months before the IUD was put in.

I have an appointment with my OB-GYN soon , but wondering if anyone has similar issues.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS cramped during ovulation. And gained 2-4Lbs.
    No IUD. Just how my body worked.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I cramp during ovulation. I was told its normal, nothing to worry about.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just got a copper iud put in 2 months ago after being on the pill since I was a teenager and experienced the same thing. Because the pill stops ovulation, my body hadn't even thought about release one of those bad boys in forever. I talked to my doctor about it at my follow up and she just smiled and told me it was totally normal.

It's a really odd feeling if you've never felt it before! Being a woman is so weird sometimes :)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I hope that it is nothing to worry about.
  • marrufo06
    marrufo06 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always cramp during that time the doc said it's normal
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I cramp during ovulation and during period. Luckily menopause is almost here.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    I cramp during ovulation and during period. Luckily menopause is almost here.
    You don't often see "lucky" and "menopause" together. ;)

(I can joke, I'm in the throes of it. I'd love the old crampy days)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I sometimes cramp during ovulation, but only on the right side. I was told it is normal.