Options
2»

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    one235 wrote: »
    Del Monte fruit cups, no sugar added.

Wow, those still have tons of sugar and since the fruit is peeled, all the fiber is gone. As a diabetic, you should limit fruits and focus on fresh fruit, preferably berries, as they have a gentler effect on blood sugar.
  • one235
    one235 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fruit much at all, never did all my life. I only tried to eat the no sugar added fruit, just to get fruit in me.
    These fruit cups only have 6mg of sugar.. which fits in with my sugar intake. thanks for all your replies.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor about a good calorie level for you. I eat 1200. In order to get in my nutrients, I have to eat mostly whole foods. But I feel good and have energy.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm a five-footer, and 57 years old - both facts reduce my calorie allowance. Currently maintaining between 104 and 107 pounds. I can go from 1100 - around 1400 calories a day, and have no problems making my fiber, protein and potassium goals. I can usually fit in a daily treat of ice cream or chocolate; and a nice 2 or 3 ounce glass of wine.

While it can be frustrating to deal with how little, relatively, a short person can eat, the great thing is that we shorties don't need as much to make sure our macros and micros are met.
  • one235
    Options
    thank you for information
  • lmadams196
    lmadams196 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake is around 1200 a day based off my weight . Most of the time I have calories left if I think I'm stuck at weight I don't like I go ahead and do the military diet and I'm able to keep it off I'm down 12 pounds already but want to lose 43 more so I can be a bit more healthier I do the three healthy meals with two snack at only or less then 100 calories
  • one235
    Options
    what is the military diet?
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    It's a very low calorie fad diet that is in no way connected to the military.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Bull poop starvation diet that will get any post removed as it's against mfp guidleines
  • SMA1986
    SMA1986 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 1200 calorie diet for 11 months. I get more of my nutrients now then I did before. I do keep carbs somewhere between 80 and 100 because I feel icky when I get a lot of carbs (bloating). I eat very nutrient dense foods. I've had no mood changes or tiredness and I'm not usually hungry. Sometimes I'm around 1100 sometimes I'm above 1200. It seems to be working because I've lost over 25 pounds. This is all without exercise.
  • one235
    Options
    evileen99evileen99….ok, thanks for telling me about it.

pootle1972pootle1972… why do people do that? I am serious about weight loss.. thanks for replying.

SMA1986SMA1986… I can't seem to lose no matter what I try. I may lose 1 lb, then it comes back the next day.
    I just had an ultra sound done on my thyroid gland, waiting for results. It is so nice to hear that you lost 25lbs. I thought if you were told 1200calories, you had to stay at that. Now I know it is ok, to do less. Thanks for letting me know that.
  • anikisachan22
    anikisachan22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know that you are not suppose to go below 1200 calories, but I read that I should do 1100 calories, due to diabetes2 and weight loss. I was told that you still 'can get' all your nutrients on 1100cal… like to hear other opinions. thanks
    check out nutionfacts.org this website is ran by Dr. Michael Greger. He also has a book called " How not to Die"
  • anikisachan22
    Options
    SMA1986 wrote: »
    I've been doing the 1200 calorie diet for 11 months. I get more of my nutrients now then I did before. I do keep carbs somewhere between 80 and 100 because I feel icky when I get a lot of carbs (bloating). I eat very nutrient dense foods. I've had no mood changes or tiredness and I'm not usually hungry. Sometimes I'm around 1100 sometimes I'm above 1200. It seems to be working because I've lost over 25 pounds. This is all without exercise.

You know the bloating could be caused by the fiber in the carbohydrates. When your body is not used to high amounts of fiber it will cause bloating and gas.
  • anikisachan22
    Options
    lmadams196 wrote: »
    My calorie intake is around 1200 a day based off my weight . Most of the time I have calories left if I think I'm stuck at weight I don't like I go ahead and do the military diet and I'm able to keep it off I'm down 12 pounds already but want to lose 43 more so I can be a bit more healthier I do the three healthy meals with two snack at only or less then 100 calories

You know there is such thing as a set weight. Your body will go back to a certain weight no matter what. I will recommend not stressing about it and give it time! check out nutrionfacts.org it will make your losing weight and life much easier.
  • anikisachan22
    Options
    michelle172415

I try staying away from fruits, due to the carbs and the sugar. I am now trying no sugar fruit. I have never been much of a fruit eater. I just had blood work and was told that my sugar is high, so I have to watch sugars and carbs.

Your brain runs on exclusively on glucose. do a quick google and you will realize it is very common knowledge. A lot of the times when you have high sugar it is not because of the sugar but the fat. It could also be added sugars. Sugar from whole foods are different from added sugars.
    http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetes-reversal-is-it-the-calories-or-the-food/
    http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-added-sugar-is-too-much/
    http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit/
  • one235
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you for all the sites to read and nutrition facts.org… I like to learn what is good for me. thanks again