Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    How awful.

This sounds like the worst.

The literal worst.

I know right? I would have to get divorced if my MIL made me delicious mexican food every night. That's a hardship no one should have to endure.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    How awful.

This sounds like the worst.

The literal worst.

I know right? I would have to get divorced if my MIL made me delicious mexican food every night. That's a hardship no one should have to endure.

Hahaha. I have a similar problem, except my MIL makes German food. She doesn't live with us, but will just randomly stop by with food for us.
  • zbakrjc
    zbakrjc Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wish my mother in law was this terrible. Wait. I don't have a mother in law but I'll make this a requirement for the future. I love mexican food.

zbakrjc
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you all reading a different thread? I don't see the OP complaining or saying her MIL is terrible.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Are you all reading a different thread? I don't see the OP complaining or saying her MIL is terrible.

Sarcasm
  • drachfit
    drachfit Posts: 217 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    you are lucky. sounds like she is cooking good, wholesome food. honestly there is not anything wrong with tortillas and white rice either. you look like you run.

is your weight trending downwards over time? if so, then you don't need to log anything. if it is not trending down, focus on taking smaller portions and keeping control of your other meals.

you have no idea what i would give to have home cooked mexican food 7 nights a week, whether i could log it or not.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    So I got my mom's awesome "no recipe" potato salad through making a family cookbook. She had to figure out roughly how much went in as she made it once to write it out in recipe form. Did she always make it exactly the same? Probably not but good enough for a close guess. And now that she is dead the recipe is there for future generations.
    Work with her to make a small cookbook of all these great recipes.