How many exercise calories are good?

Options
hi community, I'm 52 and have been working out and logging my info regularly for a long time. I'm currently trying to battle menapause weight gain to no avail. I challenged myself to stay off the scale for a month while at the same time upping my workouts and eating well. 1450 calorie intake. I've been exercising an average of 1100 calories on top of that. After a month, no weight loss. Am I eating too few calories? I've heard you should eat at least half of your exercise calories. Seems like a lot of calories. But I know I can't up my exercise. I'm already at two hours a day. Feeling frustrated.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How do you calculate your calorie burns? Do you use a food scale to weigh everything?
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hello there.
    What did you put for your settings in MFP? If you put that you want to lose any weight then you are already eating at a calorie deficit for that; MFP figures that for you. My opinion is that you should start eating back at least half those exercise calories; your body needs fuel to function properly and it will hang on to what it has if it feels it needs to (speaking from experience!)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    You're eating 1450 kcal and you've got 1100 kcal of exercise per day? You should be dropping well more than a pound per week.

I would suggest you carefully examine both your logging and your calorie burn estimates.