Anyone else tired of starting over?

Options
Hi y'all! I've been 'on' MFP for a long, long time and have never made any real progress (which is totally my own fault). Because I am insane, I'm trying again! I think my failings before were because I was trying to do this all alone. This time I really want to try and build (and help build) a support system to help keep me motivated.

If anyone wants a support-buddy, please go ahead and friend me!

Replies

• Scissorhands29
    Scissorhands29 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Always looking for supportive MFP friends. I'll add you :)
  • kayjajace
    kayjajace Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too, have been on here for a very long time and haven't made any progress bc of my own self. BUT. WE ARE gonna make progress and feel amazing!
  • lynnpertle
    lynnpertle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too have started over time and time again. I screw up when I have a couple of beers or a drink. The next day I have no willpower. I will add you as a friend.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    There was a thread recently about the idea of "starting over". It's really all one journey, it can just be more or less progressive at times. If we view it that way- as a long-term or even a lifetime project- it can really take the pressure off and help us be more balanced overall. Don't approach it in a drastic or severe way. Choose reasonable goals (not necessarily the popular 2 lbs/week), don't try to overhaul your entire diet overnight, and be content that you'll be at this for a while. A friend & I were just talking this morning about how, in the short-term, it can often feel like you're spinning your wheels, but once you get out 6 months or a year, the lbs can really add up! You can do it! :)
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • dietmomma101
    dietmomma101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Friend me too!
  • jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We all start over every once in a while. I just did it...I lost 10 pounds and one size and then the holidays hit. I just joined a gym last Thursday to try and not do it totally alone. Sometimes we have to start again until we find the right routine/schedule/support. It's OK as long as we KEEP starting over again. :)
  • Marchy2k
    Marchy2k Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your not alone,I am starting over as well anyone can add too .I could use new friends for support .
  • latashamccombs
    latashamccombs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your not alone! I'm starting over for the 100th time but everyday I'm pushing to keep it going! M we can do it!