What is your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    2 Eggo Cinnamon waffles, Diet Coke and my multi-vitamin. Boring but it's quick to eat while getting my monkeys ready for school and it satisfies me.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    My go to is a mix of Muesli/Granola and low fat greek yoghurt. Does the trick until lunchtime, although I like to eat it within 5 minutes of mixing as it goes from crispy/crunchy to soft.
  • MAB0218
    MAB0218 Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    3 oz of egg whites microwaved 2 mins. And a protein shake..I make them the night before and they usually include a yogurt mixed in.I add the powder right before I drink it.
  • btinghutch
    btinghutch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ohhh :D I've discovered crock pot oatmeat! I cut up apples, use half steel cut, half regular oatmeal, cinnamon and brown sugar. The recipe calls for milk and eggs, and my husband LOVES it like that,,I made mine with lf soymilk and egg white.
    it's my new favorite pre-work breakfast
  • beatua1
    beatua1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A little unusual breakfast for me, but I have it everyday, a good way to get protein and fiber early every morning. I have a serving of all bran cereal with protein shake (ON chocolate) instead of milk
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I've been going with 1 cup of Greek yogurt (1/2 plain 0% & 1/2 vanilla 2%) and 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries or raspberries. I eat it on the bus on my way to school.
  • btinghutch
    btinghutch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    droi69 wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestion for a whole food or raw food breakfast that I balanced with protein and fat for 1200-1300 cal intake. I am hoping to lose weight again and somehow keep my hormones balanced.

low fat greek yogurt and a small banana is great fuel first thing in the morning :) or an apple with almond butter and healthy life 35 calorie toasted bread (that bread is a life saver for me, I LOVE toast)
    I try to do a protein, fruit, whole grain, and a healthy fat first thing in the morning, but any two of those things is good. I do a super light first breakfast like that, and then after workouts, I'll fix a bigger protein, like a
    1 whole egg, 3 egg white omelette, with tomato and spinach instead of cheese, and piece of light toast,,with milk and coffee.
    Everyone's schedule is different but I seem to do better with 2 breakfasts!haha, no snack..a lunch, dinner and then a light snack an hour or 2 before bed. I think eating often helps balance me :D
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Two eggs, a cup of steel cut oatmeal, and a protein shake. Oh and the most important thing of all, coffee!!!!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs on toast are 100% my fav but that's not really a "semi portable" sooooo a pot of total 0% with a banana in it and some blueberries and a tiny pot of honey!
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My husband uses a rice maker to make us Oatmeal with a chopped apple in it each morning. (Actually some days, plain oatmeal with fresh berries after cooked).
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies every morning lately, but my favorite breakfast is usually cream cheese and jam on an everything bagel :)
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I pre-make a bunch of scrambled eggs/egg whites (1 cup egg whites and one whole egg per serving) on Sunday or Monday. I load it up with all kinds of veggies (mushrooms, onions, tomato, peppers, celery, whatever I feel like) and cook it all. I put that mixture into a small pita bread that i cut in half and gently opened and eat it with salsa on top. I do eat this at work but I could see it being a bit much for many people depending on their job.

Other days i have a half cup of bran flakes and a half-cup of Oatmeal Crisp Cereal (such a guilty pleasure) with 150ml milk and a hard boiled egg
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mini omelettes. Cook five of them on Sunday and package them in tupperware. Then take one to work each morning. Omelettes can have a huge variety of ingredients so you can make several different ones.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    2 tbsp PB2, good handful of spinach, banana, coconut water and ice - blend until smooth. This keeps me full until lunch and I like it. Otherwise, the other portable breakfast options are a porridge pot with some seed mix, or greek style yogurt with a chunky breakfast cereal (granola for example). I sometimes have fruit and hard boiled eggs.

Mostly I eat breakfast at home though :smile:
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter, small banana, 30g premier protein chocolate shake.
  • aalta2989
    aalta2989 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Coffee, banana and a breakfast bar!
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am up at 4 am for work usually so I'll make some protein oatmeal. It makes about 3 servings so I can just portion some up and microwave it while my coffee is brewing. Or I'll eat a Fage greek yogurt cup (they have peach, mango, cherry, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, etc.) and add some granola. If I have extra time, I'll make a scramble with hashbrowns, egg beaters, turkey sausage, and cheese. Sometimes I'll do half a blueberry whole wheat bagel with cream cheese or peanut butter and have an apple as well. My breakfast is usually about 350-450 calories.
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    3 egg omelet with cream cheese, hot sauce, avacado, 2 slices of bacon, and cottage cheese.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sausage egg and cheese burrito, 456 calories. Very filling
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fresh or thawed (from frozen) berries.