Just a quick reminder - Check your recipes

Options
Hey guys - I am sure everyone here already knows this but I just had an egregious miscalculation of calories on my recipe when I put in the url. I love this feature of MFP but its far from accurate.

I went over it twice (my internet shut out after I did it the first time) and there were small errors of transfer (like salted butter instead of salt - minimal calories overall) and large ones (using an entry for 4 cloves of garlic that said they were 1700+ calories [note: a clove of garlic is around 4 calories].) There were also errors in measurement (1.5 oz of cheese instead of 1.5 cups) So between all over those little things my recipe ended up 300 calories over what it was supposed to be per serving.

Again, I am not hating on this feature as it is SUPER easy to adjust these, but I just wanted to do a little PSA if you will, to remind y'all to double check your recipes!!

Happy logging!

Replies

• kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the garlic thing! I use garlic in many ALL THE recipes, and without fail it always pulls the same incorrect entry.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Yep... the first time I saw the garlic mistake I said :o but then I realized I needed to correct that, and keep an eye on what it inputs.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I just recently had the garlic one pop up when I entered the URL for a recipe...must be the default one for recipes. That can through a 4 serving recipe off just a little :o