Why does your stomach from having babies take forever to lose??

Options
I just started excersising and have myself on a 1200 calorie diet, and I've had four boys..my start out weight was 145 and I've dropped to 135 in just three weeks..I do alot of hiking and dance cardio..but after four babies my stomach is my biggest flaw..any tips on how to lose the baby weight in your belly? :)

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What are your stats? Height weight etc?
  • GracieLeephillips
    GracieLeephillips Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hips 34 waist 37
  • GracieLeephillips
    Options
    I weight is 135...3 weeks ago when I started I was 145..
  • GracieLeephillips
    Options
    28 years old
  • chandanista
    Options
    Ok and height and age?
  • GracieLeephillips
    Options
    Height is 5'4 and age 28:)
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    8mo PP here from baby #3- stomach is the worst- but- it does go down. It has the 2 times before, anyway.
    Granted, it will never look "good" but it certainly looks better and better the more weight I lose. You cant spot reduce unfortunately. The dreadful mommy tummy is usually a life sentence unless you have great genes or a good surgeon. However, go check out the success stories board there are some mommies over there who have made a world of difference on theirs. Just remember #1-genetics #2-hard work #3-over all fat loss.

At 135 (i dont know your height) I am not sure what your goal weight would be?
  • chandanista
    Options
    Also as an active 5'4, 28 year old at 135 pounds: You're at a normal weight BMI and it's going to take a lot of time to take off any fat. According to the TDEE calculator I use, it appears you could eat another ~200 calories a day and still lose weight. Slow and steady is the key on so-called vanity pounds. Maintain as much LBM as possible.

And give yourself a break; you've had your stomach stretched and re-stretched 4 times in a pretty short period of time (assumption based on your age). It's likely the stomach you see is loose skin, may just need to wait it out to see if it shrinks.
  • GracieLeephillips
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    8mo PP here from baby #3- stomach is the worst- but- it does go down. It has the 2 times before, anyway.
    Granted, it will never look "good" but it certainly looks better and better the more weight I lose. You cant spot reduce unfortunately. The dreadful mommy tummy is usually a life sentence unless you have great genes or a good surgeon. However, go check out the success stories board there are some mommies over there who have made a world of difference on theirs. Just remember #1-genetics #2-hard work #3-over all fat loss.

At 135 (i dont know your height) I am not sure what your goal weight would be?

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It does take a long time for many of us but let's be serious--you've been at this for three weeks. That is hardly forever.
  • MommyMeggo
    Options
    Height is 5'4 and age 28:)

Ah- Yes 4 babies in a short amount of time. My tummy is mostly skin (the super ugly part anyway) backed with some fat.
    I am 5'4 as well and a GW of 130-135. When I am in the 130s it actually looks decent, minus the skin bag of stretch marks right through the middle! LOL.

How young is your youngest?
  • GracieLeephillips
    Options
    My last baby was born in 2010..I was young and of course I used the pregnancy as a way to eat and drink whatever I wanted I wasn't thinking that doing that it would be so much harder to lose the weight....now that I've gotten older, I'm starting to realise it's important to be healthy and been excersising my butt off lol..my worst fear was somebody saying " its gunna take a surgeon to get rid of your belly" but that cost alot of money :) so I'm trying to do it the right way, but boy is it hard!! Thank y'all for your advice and tips
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's just from having babies. There are lots of women who haven't had kids yet that have this issue.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My thought is that your skin is all stretched out. The subcutaneous fat is spread all over that stretched out skin. The skin is not going to retract/shrink much until the fat cells shrink. Think of a stick of butter softened and then spread thin all over the surface area of that stretched out skin. It takes four sticks of butter to equal a pound and how many would it take to make a 1/4" or 1/2" or 1" layer all over your belly? Plus, you're losing fat from other places too, not just on your belly. That's why it takes so long.
  • GracieLeephillips
    Options
    My youngest is five:) I got all boys lol so they are half my workout lol and so is loose skin from babies is that even fixable on your own?
  • MommyMeggo
    Options
    My youngest is five:) I got all boys lol so they are half my workout lol and so is loose skin from babies is that even fixable on your own?

Skin? No. Over time it may shrink up, appear tighter as it gets pulled from shrinking your overall physique.
    Some may be skin, some may be fat.
    What is your goal weight?
  • GracieLeephillips
    Options
    120 is my goal..:)
  • PhoebeJeebies
    PhoebeJeebies Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's just from having babies. There are lots of women who haven't had kids yet that have this issue.
    It gets a lot worse after having babies...in general.
    My kids are 6 and 8...I've lost 97 lbs since having them and I still have a lot of sagging skin and fat on my belly. Not sure it's ever going away.

• MommyMeggo
    Options
    120 is my goal..:)

Are you doing any strength training?