Wellness Prize Ideas

tillerstouch
tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I thought this would be the best place.

I'm a human resources intern and I'm on my companies wellness committee. I'm currently working on putting together a wellness catalog with different prizes to be used for the different events we have.

I'm looking for prize ideas, I already have some things like foam rollers, ninja blender, snow shoes, rollerbladed, trail poles, food scales, wireless headphones but I'm looking for new ideas.

Prizes can vary in cost from $10 to usually up to $150 (sometimes we also do big prizes of up to $250 but this isn't as common). And really can be anything wellness related.

Any ideas would be much appreciated esp. more out of the box ideas.

Replies

• msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    fitbit or similar, gift card to a running store, kayak rental, entry to a local race...
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    How about working with a gym company and providing an "x" number of months for a free gym membership.

Watches
    Wireless Speaker
    Yoga Mat
    Free Consultation with a Nutritionist
    Restaurant gift card (nice fancy place)
    Wine Tasting Excursion

Meh best I got.

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Massage.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Some ideas:

Buffs (the multiway sports head/neck coverings, runners are obsessed with these)
    Smartwool socks
    Sports armband for phone
    Flipbelt
    Camelbak
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Gift cards for massage, week of meal prep. I just won a month worth of a personalized on line training program at a Fitness Social I just attended.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Company logo workout gear (tshirts, sweatshirts, reusable water bottles)
    Armbands for Ipods or smartphones
    Gift card for edible arrangements (healhy snacks!) or, as stated, a gear store like Dick’s Sporting Goods
    Water filters for your faucet at home, or the Brita pitchers
    Smaller workout items, like yoga or gym mats, jump ropes, that sort of thing
    Pedometers or lower-end trackers.

We had a vendor donate a bicycle as a prize when we were doing an employee walking challenge a few years ago.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    I don't know if you have them where you are but maybe vouchers for food delivery services - fresh fruit boxes etc
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    We all got fit bits last year.
    This year, we got a 1/2 session with a personal trainer and an additional $10/month discount on our gym membership. We have gotten gift cards in the past too.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Gym membership for a few months (depending on cost)
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 212 Member
    One of the prizes my health and wellness committee does a "fruit of your choice for a week" prize - that one's fun (and oh how I wish we had the budget you do - our prizes are all $5-15). Since your budget is more flexible, you could have several employees win, or do fruit for a month for a lucky person :)

Company logo water bottles, hats, and t-shirts are always popular too! We offer low-end pedometers free to anyone who wants one, and have a company step challenge where we add up everyone's steps/miles for the month.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Thanks for the ideas everyone there's some good ones! We already provide a gym membership to all our employees so that one is covered :)