Elk meat !!

Options
Being a girl who hunts my freezer ia packed with elk meat, which is great for u and low in fat fyi.. ita hard to track my diet efficiently when i eat so much of it and the choices on the app arent that thorough.. thought i have as i eat my elk lunch :)

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Cool! I'd love to go hunting for my own meat.

As for entering it, you can see if some of the USDA entries can help you. They're not as thorough as entries for pork or beef, but they should be a lot better than random MFP entries.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'd think you could find something on the web that would help you know your nutrients and you could just weigh and go from there.

http://www.elkusa.com/Elk_meat_nutrition.html

Clearly not every cut is going to be the same, but there you go!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Being a girl who hunts my freezer ia packed with elk meat, which is great for u and low in fat fyi.. ita hard to track my diet efficiently when i eat so much of it and the choices on the app arent that thorough.. thought i have as i eat my elk lunch :)

you get sexier with every post! lol. Good lord don't post a pick of your truck. i might lose it. :p
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I found a bunch of entries in the MFP database for elk meat. What were you looking for?
  • ariellefaith08
    ariellefaith08 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks !
  • ariellefaith08
    Options
    Ha hahah ha tom i drive a ford excursion.. green with 4 wheel drive with raceline rims i will have to post that one later as i am trying to look like im working.. sorta ;)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Hmm... for venison, I just weigh up what I'm cooking and use MFP standard entries. I know it isn't perfect because the fat percentage is not known and varies from one piece to the next. It is probably more accurate than my activity tracker when I hike 15 miles to get the deer.
  • ariellefaith08
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I found a bunch of entries in the MFP database for elk meat. What were you looking for?

Just want it to be super specific.. damn girls always wanting more am i right
  • T0M_K
    Options
    Ha hahah ha tom i drive a ford excursion.. green with 4 wheel drive with raceline rims i will have to post that one later as i am trying to look like im working.. sorta ;)

Lol. excursion! you just lost points! sorry to break it to ya :disappointed: unless your rockin 31's with a 6" lift lol.
  • ariellefaith08
    Options
    Hmm... for venison, I just weigh up what I'm cooking and use MFP standard entries. I know it isn't perfect because the fat percentage is not known and varies from one piece to the next. It is probably more accurate than my activity tracker when I hike 15 miles to get the deer.

True statement my friend. I walked out my back door 600 ft down went the deer then left it there waiting walked two miles down shot elk... does that count as excercise ha !
  • T0M_K
    Options

"takes him to the shooting range...puts arm over his shoulder* bud we need to work on your aim ;)
  • ariellefaith08
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

Lol. excursion! you just lost points! sorry to break it to ya :disappointed: unless your rockin 31's with a 6" lift lol.

Sorry im a ford girl and i would love to lift her. I live in a town that has restrictions.. i moved from the beaches of MS to a resort twon in idaho and they get kinda UP IT TEE.. As far as the 31s.. hmmm sorry bud
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Just want it to be super specific.. damn girls always wanting more am i right

How specific can you get than "Game meat - Elk - raw"? If you want specific cuts, you are out of luck because even the most thorough nutrition database (the one at USDA.gov) only lists elk meat once. Go with 31 calories per ounce for any cuts.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

"takes him to the shooting range...puts arm over his shoulder* bud we need to work on your aim ;)

Funny you should mention aim... the last deer I shot was running past, full speed, maybe 15 yards away. It was going so fast that when I shot it, it flipped (cartwheel style) like I had clothes-lined it because I hit it in the throat. It bled out, so when I cut it open to field dress it, the meat was not bloody at all. It was the most beautiful inside of a deer I've ever seen. But I'm cross-dominant, so I have to just make it work with long guns.
  • T0M_K
    Options

Sorry im a ford girl and i would love to lift her. I live in a town that has restrictions.. i moved from the beaches of MS to a resort twon in idaho and they get kinda UP IT TEE.. As far as the 31s.. hmmm sorry bud

:'( post a pic...lemme see how bad it is Rofl ;)
  • T0M_K
    edited March 2016
    Options

Funny you should mention aim... the last deer I shot was running past, full speed, maybe 15 yards away. It was going so fast that when I shot it, it flipped (cartwheel style) like I had clothes-lined it because I hit it in the throat. It bled out, so when I cut it open to field dress it, the meat was not bloody at all. It was the most beautiful inside of a deer I've ever seen. But I'm cross-dominant, so I have to just make it work with long guns.

nice! :) ok...maybe your ok ;) That walking 15 mile to get it threw me :)
  • ariellefaith08
    Options
    I will post a pic soon...
  • ariellefaith08
    Options
    This whole thread has been awfully entertaining !! Just what i needed
  • ariellefaith08
    Options
    Exactly how can you make a persons profile pic bigger ? And can more than one pic be added ?
  • T0M_K
    Options
    you can't. trying to perv my truck aren't ya! *shakes head* bad girl. You can add as many pics of your own. edit pics i believe