Any Gym Love Stories?

TimaTeemz
TimaTeemz Posts: 18 Member
Has anyone ever dated or fell in love with someone they met at their local gym?

Replies

• I wish I could have a story for this, but sadly, I'm the one at the gym with huge headphones and a "leave me alone until I'm leaving" mentality.

No love stories from me. However, I'm sticking around to see everyone else's stories.
  • TimaTeemz
    lol good one
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    I have and it was a disaster.

I developed a crush on this chick I used to see at the gym every morning (M-F) for like a year. She was like the female version of me: skinny... but toned up, yanno? We even had the same routine: 1 hour strength training followed by 1 hour of steady state cardio. Our horoscopes were aligned, bro!

So finally one day I built up the courage to follow her out to the parking lot. I already knew what kind of car she drove and where she liked to park at.... I gathered that intel many months beforehand.... but I had to make this encounter look like it happened by chance, you know? So I jogged up to her and nervously sputtered "H-h-hayy" (not knowing what I was going to follow that up with) and, as fate would have it, she turned around and smiled as if she had written this fairy tale herself. I threw my arms up with relief and asked "Wanna go to Chick-Fil-A later?" She agreed without any hesistance and our date was set for 7pm that evening.

This is where the record would screech. I pulled into the restaurant and waved to her. She got out of her car and, to my shocking horror, was wearing jeans with rhinestones going down the front, on the back pockets, just all over the place. I thought, did her grandmother buy her a hot glue gun for Christmas? What an absolute mockery of denim if I've ever seen it! All I could think about was all those man hours I spent watching her on the elliptical from afar and not once did I ponder what her fashion sense was like beyond the usual workout attire. I had to step up my intel after that debacle. Even the FBI gets it wrong sometimes.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member

I developed a crush on this chick I used to see at the gym every morning (M-F) for like a year. She was like the female version of me: skinny... but toned up, yanno? We even had the same routine: 1 hour strength training followed by 1 hour of steady state cardio. Our horoscopes were aligned, bro!

So finally one day I built up the courage to follow her out to the parking lot. I already knew what kind of car she drove and where she liked to park at.... I gathered that intel many months beforehand.... but I had to make this encounter look like it happened by chance, you know? So I jogged up to her and nervously sputtered "H-h-hayy" (not knowing what I was going to follow that up with) and, as fate would have it, she turned around and smiled as if she had written this fairy tale herself. I threw my arms up with relief and asked "Wanna go to Chick-Fil-A later?" She agreed without any hesistance and our date was set for 7pm that evening.

This is where the record would screech. I pulled into the restaurant and waved to her. She got out of her car and, to my shocking horror, was wearing jeans with rhinestones going down the front, on the back pockets, just all over the place. I thought, did her grandmother buy her a hot glue gun for Christmas? What an absolute mockery of denim if I've ever seen it! All I could think about was all those man hours I spent watching her on the elliptical from afar and not once did I ponder what her fashion sense was like beyond the usual workout attire. I had to step up my intel after that debacle. Even the FBI gets it wrong sometimes.

Great story! I'm reading this while laying in bed next to my sleeping husband and had to cover my snorts with a pillow when I got to the rhinestone jeans part.
  • Sadlyinwar
    Sadlyinwar Posts: 859 Member

Oh God, that's terrible! If only she'd bedazzled her phone or trainers to alert you beforehand.
  • anwuli25
    anwuli25 Posts: 5 Member
    @ClubSilencio, you put in all those "man hours" to get to her and you let rhinestones get in your way?! What really happened bro?
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    I remember the first time i met her..... she was heavy, she was hard, so heavy i could barely move her as she lay there on the floor. from that day on i fell in love with the deadlift and devoted most of my spare time to the sport of powerlifting.
  • TimaTeemz
    I'm rolling lol
  • OldManOne
    OldManOne Posts: 67 Member
    My wife & I met at the Mall of America - though the gym was where we would fall for each other. Meeting at the gym for work-outs together. :*
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member

Ever consider she did this to gauge a reaction? Seems like a good way to wean out the guys who only look at aesthetics and not personality in a partner.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I dated a fitness model at my old gym for a couple months.
  • wmccarter33
    wmccarter33 Posts: 41 Member

Great story! I'm reading this while laying in bed next to my sleeping husband and had to cover my snorts with a pillow when I got to the rhinestone jeans part.

You can text me while your husband is sleeping!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    My personal trainer was totally head over heels with himself. He'd tell me what to do, then check himself out in the mirror for the rest of the time. I have never seen a man look at himself so much!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member

Ever consider she did this to gauge a reaction? Seems like a good way to wean out the guys who only look at aesthetics and not personality in a partner.

I just want to point out that he was looking at her fashion sense and not her *kitten*. There's something wrong here.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member

Hahaha yes!
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member

I just want to point out that he was looking at her fashion sense and not her *kitten*. There's something wrong here.

I'm sure he got more than a good eyeful of her *kitten* over the "many months" he gathered intel haha
  • Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    DuMbells.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    I walked into a gym once. ..

Our eyes met .... her smooth black curves and long silver handles ...

I curled it 15 times and repeated that 3 times.

It was love at first lift ;)
  • Dumpty393
    Dumpty393 Posts: 127 Member
    I dont have a love story but kind of a dilemma that prevents such stories. I say kind of because its not really a biiig issue lol

I catch some women staring..not like a glance but actual solid stares while im working out like ill look away and look back and theyre still staring...and you know when someones checking u out...kinda feels uncomfortable sometimes (happened today too with 2 different women) and sometimes i find them attractive too (the ones today both were). I end up not doing anything about it though..which i think is attributed to the fact that every girl ive actually been involved with was due to them initiating and approaching me. So now i have this mentality that if they dont approach me they arent interested....have a bf...or just something. Even if they make it super obvious that they are trying to get my attention, and some really do some crazy obvious things. Also..if i find them attractive (and im a pretty picky dude) i assume they are too good looking and have to have bfs otherwse they wouldve approached me like the other girls have done in my past.

And this actually isnt just a gym thing either..it happens anywhere.

I think that maybe if im reaaaaallyy attracted to someone ill just go and talk to them...but i havent met that person yet?

Any of u feel this way?

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    I think you're reading too much into people looking at what's going on in their immediate vicinity and turning it into what you want it to be. It's quite a natural and regular thing for living beings to look around at people and things.