BSN syntha-6 protein powder

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
Does anyone use this brand? I would love to try the choc/peanut butter flavour.

My main question, is side effects.. Particularly of the gaseous variety. I have read many great reviews about flavour etc etc but many also end with the protein pop off problem.

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Ehh it's alright. Nothing special. Id rather buy MTS or ISO
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Ehh it's alright. Nothing special. Id rather buy MTS or ISO

Okay thanks. Everyone bangs on how great it tastes which is just as important to me as the macros.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    What is the allure of protein powder?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    What is the allure of protein powder?

It tastes great in my smoothies and it's an easy way to add more protein to your diet.

• SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's delicious and mixes very nicely. I believe it is more of a meal replacement than a protein powder and has about 200 calories per scoop which is too much for me. I didn't notice any GI side effects, personally.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    SassJess81 wrote: »
    It's delicious and mixes very nicely. I believe it is more of a meal replacement than a protein powder and has about 200 calories per scoop which is too much for me.

Yeah I noticed this, not to mention the carbs are alot higher than most...

Thanks for your reply :smile:

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    it only tastes better cause the increased fat and sugar lol. Stick to a whey or whey isolate(:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Many companies will mail you a sample pack if you request one. I am not familiar with the brand you mentioned but I literally have a drawer full of protein samples so I know for a fact that many will gladly give out samples.

For example, my local vitamin store gives out sample packs all the time. Even if they aren't giving them out, you can purchase a pack for under $2. Also companies will send the gym promo packs ( t-shirts, protein powder samples and other supplements ) so if a manager of your gym asks if you are interested in a promo pack, take it and try it out.

This way you can find a protein that works well for you without having to buy a full jar upfront

• Christine_72
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Many companies will mail you a sample pack if you request one. I am not familiar with the brand you mentioned but I literally have a drawer full of protein samples so I know for a fact that many will gladly give out samples.

For example, my local vitamin store gives out sample packs all the time. Even if they aren't giving them out, you can purchase a pack for under $2. Also companies will send the gym promo packs ( t-shirts, protein powder samples and other supplements ) so if a manager of your gym asks if you are interested in a promo pack, take it and try it out.

This way you can find a protein that works well for you without having to buy a full jar upfront

I've asked for samples before I've tried any protein powder, and not one store here has ever had a sample pack, so I'm always forced to buy the whole tub. I did email BSN and they don't send out samples outside of America.

Ironically every single protein powder I've used is made in the USA, I haven't found a decent Aussie one yet...
    it only tastes better cause the increased fat and sugar lol. Stick to a whey or whey isolate(:

LOL Good point :lol:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Different people react differently. I've never had any sort of problem from any protein powder (and I've tried many of them).
  • Christine_72
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Different people react differently. I've never had any sort of problem from any protein powder (and I've tried many of them).

WPC seems to give me the most problems, but because BSN has a mixture plus digestive enzymes, I was hoping it would be ok.
    Aaahhh first world problems huh :neutral:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

I've asked for samples before I've tried any protein powder, and not one store here has ever had a sample pack, so I'm always forced to buy the whole tub. I did email BSN and they don't send out samples outside of America.

Ironically every single protein powder I've used is made in the USA, I haven't found a decent Aussie one yet...

LOL Good point :lol:

Oh wow! I was unaware ! I'm in the USA so I guess I assumed they gave out samples everywhere. I understand not wanting to buy the entire jar without trying it.