Would love some support!

Options
lorellelove
lorellelove Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! My name is Theresia, and I am looking to reach out and make some friends on MFP:) I have struggled with my weight since I was a toddler. My earliest memory is another child calling me fat on the playground when I was only 4 years old. I can remember that memory as if it were yesterday. I was shocked as a child and had no idea I looked different from anyone else. From then forward i had low self esteem, gaining weight at a rapid rate. By the time I was 13 I weighed 250 pounds. When I stepped on the scale for the first time I was horrified. When I was 14 I joined weight watchers and lost around 100 pounds over the course of two years. After many life events (as we all have haha) I developed an eating disorder. I began with anorexia, which turned in to a very heavy painful life of bulimia. I suffered from anorexia and bulimia for 3 years. I found myself hiding away from the world and was in denial of how sick I truly was. I began using alcohol to number the pain of the disease and soon found myself dependant on different mind altering substances to endure day to day life. After a year of counciling with a nutritionist/councilor, a therapist, and the help of my family I was given the gift of recovery. I am also a recovering addict (I have five months clean and sober). In my new found recovery, I am able to focus my attention on the beauty around me and not the negative. Every day is a new day to decide i am going to love myself and nourish my body. I excerise so that I can feel the happy hormones. I eat well (most of the time) so I can feel good about what I put in my body for fuel. I am not perfect. But I am making progress :) I am sorry this is so long, but if you are looking for a support buddy or just want to talk I would love love love to be friends on here! Thank you for reading, and please shoot a friend request :)

Replies

• Journeyfrom381
    Journeyfrom381 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome to MFP You are so blessed to have such a good support system Theresia , you are a really amazing person I know you can continue to be amazing. Life gets tough but you can do anything you put your mind to. Congratulations on everything you have accomplished so far. I know you can do this!!
  • tony_ruva11
    tony_ruva11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tony. I just started using MFP a few days ago and it has already been very helpful in keeping track of what I eat too much of and what I don't eat enough of. I guess since it's the beginning and I've never really had a diet like the one I currently have since starting this, it is a bit difficult for me to try to eat healthier. I exercise regularly, even before I started here, so I'm not starting from the beginning thankfully. Hope we can keep in touch with our fitness goals!
  • barkercraig617
    barkercraig617 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me we can both be encouraging to each other we both have a lot to share to this journey on the road to recovery. The battle is half over want you openly admitted to struggle and reached out to others for support
  • suzannestrawhorn
    suzannestrawhorn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there am not sure how to add you. Xx
  • akira61300
    akira61300 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there, sounds like you've already overcome a lot. That's great. I am also in recovery. 5yrs clean now and exorcise has been one of the most helpful things for me. Add me if you'd like. I'm always around for some extra motivation
  • julzswales
    julzswales Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Theresia, I can relate entirely to your story and am fighting the same fight. Much love to you xx