10lbs...30 days

Options
I've been working out and eating well since January 2, and have lost 13lbs in 6 weeks. I didn't lose anything for two weeks because I was in bed with a cold for a week and too weak the week after to do much. So I probably could have lost 4 more. Sad.

I did watch my intake while sick so at least I didn't gain in those two weeks...

I'm getting married in a month and need some support in pushing through these last few lbs. I'm cutting way down on carbs--the only big cheat I'll have until the wedding is my bachelorette party (sushi dinner YAYYY) and the rehearsal dinner.
I've booked 4 barre classes, 5 kickboxing, and 3 calorie cruncher classes (my friend teaches them and they are awesome--blend of yoga, Pilates, calisthenics, weights for an hour.) plus I dance on a dance team and we have rehearsals twice a week and a parade on the 12th.

On top of trying to make sure my dress fits, I'm dealing with deadlines and late nights at work. Any advice for someone who has been in my shoes?

I'm determined to wear this dress, but I want to wear it and be comfortable, not stuffed like a sausage (like it is now.)

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The difference between 5 pounds and 10 pounds won't make that much a difference in your dress. Just keep trying to lose, without being too aggressive. Stay healthy. Drink lots of water and avoid salt to reduce bloat. Whatever you lose, it will feel better. And try to not focus on the "weight loss by date" aspect of it all...even if it is your wedding.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    The difference between 5 pounds and 10 pounds won't make that much a difference in your dress. Just keep trying to lose, without being too aggressive. Stay healthy. Drink lots of water and avoid salt to reduce bloat. Whatever you lose, it will feel better. And try to not focus on the "weight loss by date" aspect of it all...even if it is your wedding.

This. The last thing you want to do right before your wedding is push yourself to the point of getting injured or sick. Those last five lbs will mean nothing if that happens. Reducing salt (as mentioned above) will go a long way to making that dress more comfortable.
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway between sizes right now, so there is a difference at this point in 5 versus 10. I should have mentioned that I also weigh over 200lbs, so it takes heavier women less time to lose weight than a woman who weighs 150.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've been working out and eating well since January 2, and have lost 13lbs in 6 weeks. I didn't lose anything for two weeks because I was in bed with a cold for a week and too weak the week after to do much. So I probably could have lost 4 more. Sad.

I did watch my intake while sick so at least I didn't gain in those two weeks...

I'm getting married in a month and need some support in pushing through these last few lbs. I'm cutting way down on carbs--the only big cheat I'll have until the wedding is my bachelorette party (sushi dinner YAYYY) and the rehearsal dinner.
    I've booked 4 barre classes, 5 kickboxing, and 3 calorie cruncher classes (my friend teaches them and they are awesome--blend of yoga, Pilates, calisthenics, weights for an hour.) plus I dance on a dance team and we have rehearsals twice a week and a parade on the 12th.

On top of trying to make sure my dress fits, I'm dealing with deadlines and late nights at work. Any advice for someone who has been in my shoes?

I'm determined to wear this dress, but I want to wear it and be comfortable, not stuffed like a sausage (like it is now.)

Food scale. Tighten up your logging.

I agree with another poster that your exercise schedule seems a little... aggressive, and sets you up for a potential injury.

Honestly, why not contact a seamstress to see if the dress can be let out a little?
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's already being let out two inches. I only need to lose 1-1.5", and it's likely all about the toning rather than weight. It fit in May when I bought it but then I gained 15lbs and have lost 13 of them. I'm pretty much the same size but it's distributed differently.