over 70

Options
Lady1945
Lady1945 Posts: 10 Member
Is there anyone out there over 70 who has lost a lot with my fitness pal?

Replies

• saransaran
    saransaran Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not over 70 but I am 68. I have logged in for 166 days and have lost 27 pounds. MFP has been a terrific tool! I goal is to lose 50 pounds in one year.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not over 70 but wanted to bump your thread to show you support!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm 72 and lost 24 pounds, which was my goal. I'm not really a calorie counter, however. I did the calorie thing for perhaps the first year. I've maintained for the last three years. Feel free to add me if you'd like to be friends.
  • dv3177
    dv3177 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My Mom is 73 and lost 20 lbs. She did it using the online tool with Weight Watchers. Completely doable!
  • marymezzo
    marymezzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Commitment is more important than age. :-) Best of luck to you--you can do this!
  • Lady1945
    Lady1945 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Have been logging food for 5 days. So far so good!
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Lady1945 wrote: »

I am 66 and just starting if you would like a weight loss buddy.
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Lady1945 wrote: »

I'm not over 70 but hoping to be. I'm only 57 but with the help of My Fitness Pal and walking I've been able to lose 50 pounds and lower my blood pressure and cholesterol.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Not 70 yet (65) and have bee using MFP for a little over a year. Have lost the weight I wanted to (wanted to lose abt 10 lbs) and then some--went from 129 to 116. I still log most of the time (unless don't have access to a computer) because it helps me be accountable for what I'm eating. I try to stay away from highly-processed foods; if you cook something (meat, veggies), it's processed. Use frozen veggies most of the time (they keep better and you control what goes on them). I broke my right wrist last Dec so have been eating whatever my hubby fixes. It is doable, but may take a little longer; good luck. B)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Stay focused and patient. <3
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You, ma'am, are an inspiration! <3
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My mom is in her 60s and has been using MFP for counting calories the past couple of months. She's been losing weight slowly but surely, and is halfway to her goal. In my opinion, age has nothing to do with it, just commitment and eventually habit. All the best to you! :)
  • tomaspetro
    tomaspetro Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I started losing at 65 and lost 144 pounds in a little over a year with MFP. I'm now at about 130 pounds lost but started heavy weight lifting this past October. I encourage you to keep at it and exercise if you can because the health benefits are amazing. Balance, blood pressure and retreat from diabetes just to name a few.
  • wawa2nc
    wawa2nc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    my dad is 65 and has lost over 50 lbs. You can do it!!
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    64 here and I've lost 80 so far, last 60 using MFP, 9 to go!
  • mars55991
    mars55991 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 72, so far I've lost 45 lbs using MFP. Had a little glich this winter, but I'm now back on track. Just keep on logging. Good Luck! It's never too late!
  • Trixie568
    Trixie568 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 71 and starting on my journey for the 2nd time...1st time lost 47 pounds and then went on vacation and threw it all to the wind. Never made it back to where I needed to be until now...I am now sitting at 229 pounds and would like to go to around at least 175 to 160. I did the first time with MFP and I can do it again...Feel free to add me as a friend as I will need all the support I can get.
  • splitarockdi1563
    splitarockdi1563 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m not quite 70 yet, but I lost 40 pounds so far with MyFitnessPal. I need to drop an additional 40 pounds. I just switched to the paid version of MyFitnessPal and really like it. Adding daily exercise can speed up the results. I try to walk at least a mile every day.
  • Bernie0210
    Bernie0210 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm up there and use this to keep track of the nutrients - I have found that as I get older I don't eat as much as I "did" and prefer the salad/protein route so this keeps me on track. Love it.