Work and Exercise

Options
Hello,

I was just wondering how people find time to workout when they work a heck of a lot?
I already work to and from work so I guess thats adding a bit and it's a job where I'm on my feet all day but I wanna do a bit more. Has anybody got any little tips and tricks to squeeze in exercise? Is it just a case of finding motivation?

Thanks,

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Since you're on your feet all day you may want to invest in some dumbbells and learn some arm exercises to do while watching tv at night. You could also get one of those balance half ball things and do step ups on it or just practice standing still and balancing on it. There are tons of exercise you can learn on the internet. My favorite expression is 10*3=30 You don't have to do 30 minutes straight. Some people just don't have that but most can squeeze in 10 minutes here and there.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    i wake up at 5
    gym at 5:30 (when it opens)
    work out for an hour, shower, change
    hour commute
    at work by 8

easy peasy
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:30am to get my workout in before work.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started the Jillian Michaels beginner shred... Today was day 4. I downloaded it to Amazon prime so I can access it on my fire stick, laptop, phone, or iPad so there is no excuse. As long as there is a place for me to get in the ground I can do it. It is 20 minutes and I am dying by the end. I am way out of shape and have never really worked out before. I keep telling myself that I AM WORTH THIS! I am worth getting healthy. I am worth getting strong. I am worth eating right. And guess what? I am not as tired, I am sleeping better, and I am moving a little better every day. Start small... You can do it!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend... The motivation and support here is amazing!!!
  • honyi
    honyi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you wake up at 4am or 5am, what time do you go to sleep?
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I work 12 hour shifts both days and nights, I commute by bicycle for my cardio and during a my training cycle (typically 4 days on 2 off, but always 4 rest days in 12) I go to the gym after work whether that is AM or PM. If you're dedicated you'll find the time.

I could never do 4:30am sessions myself, that's way to early for me. I need 6 hours sleep, there is no way I could get to bed at 10pm. I take my hat off to those who do..
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Since you are already on your feet all day, the exercises that would be most beneficial to you are interval training (for the intensity) and strength training. This is great, because you can get a lot of benefit from just 15-20 minutes!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    honyi wrote: »
    if you wake up at 4am or 5am, what time do you go to sleep?

About 10