What factors contributed to weight gain and how did you (or plan to) over come?

Options
2»

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Erm....

The problem: I gained weight caring for chronically sick parents who died, first my mum, then my dad.

Plan to overcome problem: I've now run out of parents that could die... :|
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Mine came from binge eating and laziness. Both habits I would like to think I have managed to control now!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    1. I'm a good cook.
    2. I ate mindlessly.
    3. I need to move my body more if I want to eat more.
    End. Of. Story.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I kept weight on because of early childhood trauma and a terrifying college environment. I didn't want anyone looking at me.

Then I realized that by keeping myself fat, I was making myself unhealthy and miserable and thus letting the abusers win again.

Enter running, strength training, yoga, fruits and vegetables. :)
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I gained mostly due to intense depression and I stopped caring about anything in my life, including how I looked. I went from 170lbs (so, not healthy) to 220lbs in one winter. After that, I decided I needed to make a change. First I did it so I would look better, but I soon found out that exercise is excellent for coping with depression.

Since I started losing weight, both my mom and my grandma passed away. So the depression and the reasons for me to be sad haven't really gone away, but I now have a better way to deal with them. I run instead of drinking a 2 liter bottle of Dr. Pepper and eating a ton of pizza. Or I do yoga instead of sitting in front of the TV. Easy changes like that made a huge difference to me.
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love food. Never moved.

..... I still love food. But I've found a balance and realize food tastes so much better when you're not eating too much of it.
    Oh. And I sometimes move lol

(cardio at least 1x a week and weights 2-3 times a week)
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Factors that contribute to my weight gain was obviously the rejections from girls and my only get away was food. I know it sounds lame but it wouldn't reject me so I just gave up basically just ate what I want..

what made me decide to lose weight is when my mom started crying that was basically an eye opener for me