How much calories in Black Tea (Whole Milk with Sugar)? Googled it but nothing find accurate

Options
2»

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    As a Brit who was born drinking tea, making it with just milk boggles my mind. Unless it's chai. And aside from the sacrilegious nature of tea made with only milk, that's an awful lot of liquid calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I fill a measuring cup with 250ml of almond milk and 250ml light milk every morning, comes to 174 calories, and lasts me all morning.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I was thinking chai too. Boiling the tea in the sugared milk, and the amount of milk larger than the vessel, some of the milk gets thrown out with the tea leaves, makes this a complicated calculation. Lol, I give up. Just log some random number :s
  • stajieenikkie
    stajieenikkie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just like my tea black and milk is so heavy on calories and stuff I stay right away from it all together!!!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm thinking this must be a version of chai tea as well. I would say measure the milk & sugar before you heat it and log the milk and sugar separately. There might be some small change as the milk boils down, and you probably lose some milk/sugar in the tea leaves that are discarded, but I have no idea how to account for that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    As a Brit I find this thread offensive to the concept of tea

:bigsmile:

The word you are looking for in relation to the appropriate proportion of milk in tea is "splash"

Eye thenk ewe
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OMG I feel like i'm being milk shamed :tongue:
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I think you should switch to coffee LOL
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Ingredients: Black Tea + Whole Milk (500Millilitre) + Sugar (2tbs)

How much calories do you think i am drinking?

I don't know what brands you're using, so I went with what I would drink.

Black tea = 0 calories
    Whole milk = 313 calories for 500 mL
    Sugar = 90 calories for 12 grams

About 413 calories for the milk with tea and sugar.

As others said, log the milk and sugar separately or create a recipe if you always use the same brands and amounts.

500ml of milk in a cup of tea!? Wow.

Personally my milk is about quarter of a cup in tea and coffee and I make it pretty milky (milk isn't the main liquid). And 1 teaspoon of sugar.

OP, you need to measure your milk and weigh your sugar to know, everyone takes their tea differently which is why there is no definitive answer.

My ex-best friend had half a cup of sugar with black coffee. I worked with an old lady who used mayonnaise to cream her coffee. Seeing someone drink 2 cups of milk with black tea doesn't surprise me.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    OMG I feel like i'm being milk shamed :tongue:

Because you are!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I live in NY, and the idea of milk in my tea boggles my mind. Honey or sugar, sure, but milk? Nope!
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I like a little coffee with my milk! :smiley:
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Black tea = 0 calories

As others said, log the milk and sugar separately or create a recipe if you always use the same brands and amounts.

Personally my milk is about quarter of a cup in tea and coffee and I make it pretty milky (milk isn't the main liquid). And 1 teaspoon of sugar.

OP, you need to measure your milk and weigh your sugar to know, everyone takes their tea differently which is why there is no definitive answer.

My ex-best friend had half a cup of sugar with black coffee. I worked with an old lady who used mayonnaise to cream her coffee. Seeing someone drink 2 cups of milk with black tea doesn't surprise me.

Welp I should be way under calories for today because my appetite for everything is suddenly gone. Blergh.
  • VintageFeline
    Options

Black tea = 0 calories

Gag
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Black tea = 0 calories

Welp I should be way under calories for today because my appetite for everything is suddenly gone. Blergh.

This was my reaction:

tumblr_m8bq3zrWym1rd2qw6o1_400.gif~c200
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Black tea = 0 calories

How on earth does one even come to a realisation that they like Mayo in their coffee?? Mayo in cake, I get. It's eggs and oil. But in coffee? That's bizarre!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Black tea = 0 calories

How on earth does one even come to a realisation that they like Mayo in their coffee?? Mayo in cake, I get. It's eggs and oil. But in coffee? That's bizarre!

I don't know, who thought of butter in coffee? Mayo, butter, close enough. Maybe mayo will be the next big fad.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Op...this is how i would do it...

Put your pot on the scale...write down how much it weighs. Press tare.
    Measure your milk (using a liquid measuring cup). Pour it in the pot and note how much it weighs. Press tare.
    Measure your tea leaves. Put the in the pot and note how much they weigh. Press tare
    add your sugar. Note the weight.

Add the weight of the milk, tea and sugar together.

Make a recipe in the mfp data base. Enter the number of servings as the total combined weight of the milk, tea and sugar.

Once the tea is done, put your mug on the scale and press tare. Pour your tea and see what the weight is. Enter that number as the number of servings of the recipe you created.

It wont be exact because of evaporation, but it will be close, imo.

You can also just log the entire amount of milk and sugar you use in the begginng. If you use 600ml of milk and only drink 500 ml of tea...its only a half cup difference. If your using whole milk (full fat), thats only a 75cal difference....better to under estimate than over estimate!