Being successful and when it finally clicked?

2»

Replies

• Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited March 2016
    For me, it was the realization that all weight loss really took was unflinching personal honesty. If you are honest about what you eat, and how much of it, and you are honest about your activity level, and you balance these two variables, you will lose weight. That is really all it takes.

Whenever I plateau for long periods, I realize that it comes down to not being honest. Maybe I didn't weigh some sauce or cheese; maybe I just guessed for a few days. It's hard to be perfect all the time, and that's ok. But if I want this to work, I have to be truthful (with myself!) about what I'm doing.

I never run out of "motivation" because I don't have any in the traditional sense. I made a choice to change because I didn't like being 190 lbs. Once the choice was made, I never went back on it.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    When I realized eating better made me feel better, everything clicked! I honestly never realized the correlation between food and my weight or food and my attitude! Eating better quality calories and eating less makes me feel better and I can move my body without so much effort!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!