Down over 60lbs in two years! Never give up! PICS

Options
Kris1279
Kris1279 Posts: 229 Member
I’m 36 years old and in the best shape of my life! I began my journey just over 2 years ago. I wanted to become a healthier and happier me! I have battled the nasty disease endometriosis for years. Having 7 surgeries in a 10 year span was depressing and I gained some weight. I got tired of feeling depressed, in pain and out of shape. I had to change something fast! So in January of 2014, I decided to start pushing play. I did a variety of workout programs at home and just started eating healthier! I started working out and logging my foods daily on MFP App. Each week I started seeing a change in my body, and kept going. Today I’m so proud and happy to say, I’m down over 60 pounds and I went from a size 14 to a size 2. I feel so much better inside and out. Getting fit and healthy has helped me inside and out in so many ways! I have so much more energy again and it feels great! I never thought my body could get to where it is today. I'm still working on some goals and areas and I won't give up! Keep pushing play and remember you are worth it. Only given one body so why not take care of it! No turning back for this girl! Work hard play hard. I'm looking forward to going on a vacation soon and rocking my new bikinis! I have also found something I'm passionate about and that's helping others get healthy. I'm happy to help and motivate others and share my journey. Never be ashamed of your before pics and be proud of how far you come! We all have a story, never give up on your goals no matter how big or small they are! :#
4f7jk3l5u63y.jpg
avsx3jjta33b.jpg
j5n25so0hlq1.jpg
xdi05a8gkko8.jpg
zi6wh1w2ts4r.jpg
f2ldreiicgpx.jpg

Replies

• ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Your story is really inspiring and I'm wishing I could accomplish what you did. Did u ever struggle and if so, how did u overcome it? I'm having such a hard time getting over slumps :/
  • Calabrisellamia
    Calabrisellamia Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 years old!!!! I really needed to read this post! I'm almost down 30lbs and 20 more to go! Thank you for the inspiration
  • Calabrisellamia
    Calabrisellamia Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!!!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!! May I ask your height? :)
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love seeing people who succeed at this! Thanks for the motivation!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and I'm so happy to motivate. Lord knows I need all the motivation I can get. We all have our bad days And life will get in the way, but never give up.
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    Great job!! May I ask your height? :)
    5'4 thanks :)
  • Kris1279
    Options
    I'm 36 years old!!!! I really needed to read this post! I'm almost down 30lbs and 20 more to go! Thank you for the inspiration

Thanks much:) you got this girl! Keep pushing you can do it!
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Your story is really inspiring and I'm wishing I could accomplish what you did. Did u ever struggle and if so, how did u overcome it? I'm having such a hard time getting over slumps :/

Everyday is a choice to make a healthy choice and workout. It's not easy and I sure don't always feel like it. You get sick, things hurt and life will throw obstacles at us, but I made a choice to stay healthy and I won't turn back. I do enjoy life and have cheat meals, you have to, but for me exercise is therapeutic and makes me feel so much better. I don't want to go back to the old me she wasn't happy or healthy. :) you can do it. One day at a time.
  • Kris1279
    Options

Thanks so much ;) you can do it and I'm happy to help motivate.
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! your hard work and perseverance really paid off.
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Congratulations! your hard work and perseverance really paid off.
    Thanks it's all worth it :)
  • GreekGoddess1985
    GreekGoddess1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What's your current weight
  • GreekGoddess1985
    GreekGoddess1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great success! You look so athletic! How long it took to show fit abs, 2 years as well?
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Great success! You look so athletic! How long it took to show fit abs, 2 years as well?

No about a year for them to come in big time :) even better this year.
  • Kris1279
    Options
    What's your current weight

Today I'm 128-129.
  • mirandagudat713
    mirandagudat713 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need help losing love handles !! Anyone ?!
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you- I'm about the same age and start weight, very motivating and inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!