Under calorie goal a lot!

Options
Hi All!

It seems that I am always under my calorie goal and I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. On average, I burn between 700-1300 calories during a workout about 5 days a week and I am just not hungry as I likely would be without the movement. I drink lots of water which fills me up to.

Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestions?

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    How far under your calorie goal are you? If it's constantly by a lot either find ways to increase your calorie intake or reduce the exercise you do.

Switch from low fat/low cal items to the full fat/full cal items. Add in oils when cooking, sauces, dressings, etc. Snack on nuts to add a lot of calories without a lot of actual food.

Constantly having too high of a deficit will increase your muscle loss along the way. You need to fuel your body... especially if you are going to be doing a lot of workouts.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If the under is based on the burn estimate, and the gross intake is reasonable, it's probably ok.
  • Syene31
    Syene31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My calorie goal per day is 1,330. For example, this past Saturday, I burned 1,012 in cals and had 1,039 left. On Monday, I burned 297 cals and only had 317 left. What's a reasonable amount to have left over? I don't feel as if I am not eating enough but I don't want to not give my body what it needs.
  • CiCi_Me
    CiCi_Me Posts: 1
    Options
    As long as you are not eating less than 1200 calories per day, then you are fine
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My calorie goal per day is 1,330. For example, this past Saturday, I burned 1,012 in cals and had 1,039 left. On Monday, I burned 297 cals and only had 317 left. What's a reasonable amount to have left over? I don't feel as if I am not eating enough but I don't want to not give my body what it needs.

How sure are you of those calorie burns? You do know that you are supposed to eat more when you exercise, right? That's the MFP plan. Are you eating enough fat?
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you should not eat all of your exercise calories back unless you are positive of the calories burned. I usually only eat back about half of mine. If you need something to add extra calories but not add too much food, you can add any kind of nuts, nut butter or avocado's, they are all good for you and have a good amount of calories.