Why am I not losing weight anymore ☹

Options
Aukeilagirl
Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I started back on my journey February 8 of this year. The first week I lost a amazing 10 pounds, the second week I lost 4 pounds, the third week I lost 1.8 pounds and this week I have gained 1 pound so far. I'm eating healthy, tracking all my food I eat between 1300-1500 calories a day and I drink plently of water. I started walking last week. I was walking 4 days a week now I walk every day for 30 minutes. Can someone please tell me why I'm not losing any weight. I'm also looking for supportive friends. Thank you!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    k0pplcov8bqy.jpg
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Give it time. It took me two weeks to lose 2 lbs working out every day 1 1/2 hours a day and eating 1100 calories a day. It will happen just be patient! Good Luck :smiley:
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    k0pplcov8bqy.jpg

Thank you very interesting chart.
  • Aukeilagirl
    Options
    Suzanne106 wrote: »
    Give it time. It took me two weeks to lose 2 lbs working out every day 1 1/2 hours a day and eating 1100 calories a day. It will happen just be patient! Good Luck :smiley:

Thank you! I'm trying to be patient but it's hard. I know I didn't get this big over night and I'm not going to lose all this weight over night. I should be happy with losing 15 pounds in 1 month it just makes me nervous when I see the numbers go up after I'm working so hard. I don't want to gain the weight back.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem... I'm 6 weeks into my lifestyle change, but I've plateaued for two weeks now. Being patient isn't something I'm very good with, so I bought a food scale at the beginning of the week ($12 on Amazon) and I discovered that I was seriously underestimating some of my cals. For example, I logged a small sweet potato as 5oz when really it was 10oz! That's a 121 cal difference, which can definitely add up. I'm not sure if it's what caused the plateau or not, but it helps that I feel like I'm doing something different. Good luck!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely weigh everything on the food scale. It makes a HUGE difference. Then just be patient and keep doing it. It takes time.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Also, counting one and two and three weeks...are you about to get your period?
  • JLove115
    JLove115 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What are you doing as far as exercise? Getting moving is an important piece.
  • alfageorge19
    alfageorge19 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey try nutrisystem
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Hey try nutrisystem

Why? MFP is free
  • alfageorge19
    Options
    Yes this helps to count the calories but nutrisystem provides the calorie counted food like my dinner is 200 lunch is 210 snack 55 0r 70 breakfast 200 plus protein bars
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Yes this helps to count the calories but nutrisystem provides the calorie counted food like my dinner is 200 lunch is 210 snack 55 0r 70 breakfast 200 plus protein bars

So you plan on using nutrisystem for eternity
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Thank you! I'm trying to be patient but it's hard. I know I didn't get this big over night and I'm not going to lose all this weight over night. I should be happy with losing 15 pounds in 1 month it just makes me nervous when I see the numbers go up after I'm working so hard. I don't want to gain the weight back.

Oh, hun, you've gotta prepare yourself for the long haul! If you're not content with 15 lbs in a month, what's going to happen when you've slowed down to a couple lbs a month? Weight loss is a little tedious- you just have to readjust your thinking and realize this process is not just about the scale. Glad you read those links about how you won't always lose weight consistently. I don't have the link, but you might also look up an awesome thread that was called something like, "Why is it better to lose weight slowly?" Best to you :)
  • alfageorge19
    Options
    Lol no .....
  • queenliz99
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

Oh, hun, you've gotta prepare yourself for the long haul! If you're not content with 15 lbs in a month, what's going to happen when you've slowed down to a couple lbs a month? Weight loss is a little tedious- you just have to readjust your thinking and realize this process is not just about the scale. Glad you read those links about how you won't always lose weight consistently. I don't have the link, but you might also look up an awesome thread that was called something like, "Why is it better to lose weight slowly?" Best to you :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10344934/why-is-slow-weight-loss-good/p1
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You've lost 15 pounds in less than a month. That is tremendous progress! Just keep at it, weigh your food, continue to walk. If you are weighing every day and can't handle the weight fluctuations, don't do it. Or if you just weigh once a week you might have just caught an off day that showed a 1 pound gain. I weigh every day, realizing that day to day variations are normal.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Lol no .....

Lol no.... what?
  • JLove115
    JLove115 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It is all about lifestyle change. Learning to break a lifetime of habits is not always easy, be prepared to learn from your mistakes. I think it is great that we can ask questions and support each other in this app, that is what will get you to your goal.