Is anyone thinking about getting the Fitbit Alta?

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
I'm seriously considering it. I have the zip right now, and i'm tired of changing batteries. Plus I like how the Alta automatically picks up exercise, and detects sleep etc etc without me having to press any buttons or manually enter anything. I also never wanted a HR monitor, so the alta seems to be a good fit for me.

Anyone else going to buy one, and if so why?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I am totally considering it, for many of the same reasons. I have the Flex, and love it...but I have to manually input my exercise and tap it for sleep. Also, the Alta is just so pretty! The FitStar looks great too!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex, and it's to the point where I have to charge it every other day, so I was thinking I might need a new one soon. And then they emailed me about the Alta. It's so cute! Now I just have to decide if I want to spend the money on it or save it for a birthday present.

It does seem like these little buggers can be glitchy when they first come out, so I will probably wait a couple of months regardless. I like the display, and like you said I like that it automatically picks up exercise and sleep. I too have no use for an HRM, and I have a tiny little wrist so those larger HRM trackers look silly on me :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just had a look through the Alta fitbit forum.. And I get the distinct impression that it's terribly inaccurate, underestimating by ALOT. I haven't got mine yet, it's on lay-by.

How are you guys going, have you found it be accurate?