briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Look up the nutrition values before you go:

https://ihop.com/-/media/ihop/PDFs/nutritionalinformation.ashx

2 pancakes is 290 calories
    Syrup is 110 calories... For 1 ounce!

They have a sugar free syrup at only 15 calories per ounce

This is all without butter. I'd skip the butter with everything else...

So if you can keep it to 2 pancakes and measure out 2 oz of sugar free syrup, you'll be in for only 320 calories. Add an egg for protein and you are only at 405 cal. Have a cup of coffee (without making it into a milkshake) and you're good to go!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Don't have a cheat day. Just have a cheat meal. One meal. Not crazy. Stay aware that this will slow down your loss by only a little bit. For me, having a whole DAY to eat what I want is a no-no. I can easily destroy my weekly deficit with an entire day to eat what I want.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    haviegirl wrote: »
    Pancakes are available year round. IHOP is open year round. Pancake Day will occur next year, too. It's just not that special to risk blowing your whole day/week, IMO. Or, to be clear--it wouldn't be worth it to me.

You're planning to go, so I would recommend planning the entire meal and logging it ahead of time. Including (and especially!) the butter and syrup.

How are you going to know the amounts of butter and syrup? Oh my goodness, just thinking about this stresses me out.

Good luck!

It's not too bad to log, honestly, as syrup at least is something you can measure in volume.

The only issue for me is that I'd be completely starving 2 hours after eating 800 calories of pancakes with syrup, so it would pretty much guarantee that my day would be shot.

Agreed, if you're home. Then it's easy to measure your volume. But at the restaurant, pouring out of the syrup pitcher? Not as easy.

The syrup wouldn't be my downfall--a little goes a long way for me. It would be the butter, hands down. I freaking LOVE butter.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Just plan the day a head of time. Plan out what to eat with in your calories and stick to it.

Or if you do plan to over eat just be ready for a small loss or a gain over the next few days.