Round face and I hate it...how to get rid of it?

Options

Replies

• vintagecrimes
    vintagecrimes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    same. I have a very round face and I used to hate it, even a ton of weight loss just made me look like I had a big head on a small body. I even looked into having my cheeks shaved like Hillary duff did or having my jaw broken and re-aligned. As I've gotten older it has started to thin out some... plus not drinking alcohol anymore has decreased puffiness immensely. I'm into make-up artistry and I recommend contouring your cheeks. (not crazy contouring like the tutorials) you don't need to be an expert, just get some bronzer and deepen your cheekbones, jawline and nose. It works!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You have a tight butt and a trim body. Love it and the lover who appreciates it. Trying to diet out your cute cheeks can only end in disaster (caved in butt cheeks).

I vote with everyone else to reconcile yourself to the beauty that is you.

Have you noticed the stars who have had plastic surgery to correct perceived flaws end up looking generic pretty instead of themselves? Tragic.
  • violet0ann
    violet0ann Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    you need to learn to love you. if your not very over weight loosing weight isn't going to change your face very much. However makeup and different hair styles and different kinds of glasses frames can change your appearance a lot and illusion of changing face shape.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    unfortunately you can't lose bone, so you are stuck with your face shape. beyond losing an extreme amount of weight, and letting your face sink in around the bones you aren't going to get rid of that shape. Sorry!!
    I also have a round face but find that the smaller I get the less "round" it stays.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Faces thin out with age. I am also fuller faced & it is youthful as one ages.
    So get contouring for the short term!
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Face crunches
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Face crunches

lmao
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there. Menopause will slim it out for you, and throw in some wrinkles for free.

Cheers, h.
    Who longs for the chubby cheeks of her youth.

LOL!!! Thanks for the chuckle first thing this morning. :)
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    contour
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have a round face and the right haircut can work wonders. I keep mine short to accent my pointy chin which I feel makes my face look a little longer than it really is. A layered bob also works for me since it helps hide the wideness. Unfortunately, I've been blessed with an oversized melon. I just have a big head. It houses my HUGE brain. lol.
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    #TeamRoundFace and proud :smile:
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    First world problem. Be thankful for what you have. Imagine victims of burns, people after a stroke, even bad acne or scars. Think about skin cancer, cerebral palsy, and major dental problems. What if you were blind and couldn't see your own face?

You already have an adorable face and learn to love it.

Despite my preaching, I DO UNDERSTAND. I have stupidly self critical and its lead to lots of self esteem issues over the years. Yet I'm blessed to have a normally pleasant face. We need to work on loving what we have.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    They are all right, I have a long skinny face, and I look older than my older sister with her rounder face. The pros and cons of all things.
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A great haircut can do a lot for your face shape. So can learning to appreciate your beauty, both inside and out. (And unless you have seen Taylor Swift without the professional makeup and photo retouches.....how do you know what her face really looks like?). Unrealistic expectations always lead to disappointment.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Chew gum to spot reduce the fat in your face. Just kidding, you can't spot reduce.
    scolaris wrote: »
    Faces thin out with age. I am also fuller faced & it is youthful as one ages.
    So get contouring for the short term!

This. Your face will naturally thin out as you age, it's part of what we are used to using to identify other people's age. So enjoy it, it probably helps you look young.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »
    First world problem. Be thankful for what you have. Imagine victims of burns, people after a stroke, even bad acne or scars. Think about skin cancer, cerebral palsy, and major dental problems. What if you were blind and couldn't see your own face?

You already have an adorable face and learn to love it.

Despite my preaching, I DO UNDERSTAND. I have stupidly self critical and its lead to lots of self esteem issues over the years. Yet I'm blessed to have a normally pleasant face. We need to work on loving what we have.

Absolutely everybody (including all the "victims" you listed) has problems that are, globally speaking, relative, so this kind of advice manages to be useless to the advised AND patronizing and insulting to the people being held up as examples of how much worse it could be.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I am wondering why in the world anybody would want their face to be like Taylor Swift's face.

She looks like a weasel.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am wondering why in the world anybody would want their face to be like Taylor Swift's face.

She looks like a weasel.

Tastes differ. I think she's very attractive with nice bone structure.

There are lots of popular celebrities who are considered very beautiful that I don't agree with. While certain physical attractiveness cues are pretty lizard-brained, we don't all have to like exactly the same things aesthetically, thankfully (or it'd be a lot harder to find a partner to be happy with, I bet...)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Also, OP, I have a really round face regardless of my weight (even with a BMI in the teens) and it's one of those things you kind of have to make peace with, like everyone else has said. I'll never think I'm pretty but I realized long ago that it's not something I can fix in a non-surgical way, so I just don't think about it anymore. It's mine and it's what I have, along with eyes that squint shut when I'm smiling big, weird-shaped lips that look bad in lipstick, and skin that's pale enough to be practically blue. But it's all what I have and so I focus on the stuff I can change.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

She looks like a weasel.

Tastes differ. I think she's very attractive with nice bone structure.

There are lots of popular celebrities who are considered very beautiful that I don't agree with. While certain physical attractiveness cues are pretty lizard-brained, we don't all have to like exactly the same things aesthetically, thankfully (or it'd be a lot harder to find a partner to be happy with, I bet...)

Surely somebody out there will like the weasel look. I hope that, some day, she finds someone who loves her as much as Kanye loves Kanye. ;)

I don't think that she is unattractive, but if it were possible to aspire to having a face other than one's own...that would certainly not be the one that I would pick.