Hit my goal today!!

Options
swim777
swim777 Posts: 599 Member
Today I finally hit my goal!! A year ago, Feb 28, I started my fitness pal. I never realized how a simple strategy like logging my calories would change my life. I had lost weight in the past and promptly regained it. I had tried avoiding bread, sugar, carbs, but I learned that giving up everything was a recipe for failure. This year, I have faithfully walked on the treadmill Monday- Friday for 23-25 minutes before work. If I got it done early...nothing could get in the way. On weekends and last summer, I'd add walking the dog a mile or two daily outside to make sure I averaged about 3 miles minimum a day. Most days I did not eat my exercise calories back. I have been really careful during the week, packing my lunch or a snack for work and especially planning dinner. I usually had a meal out on the weekend and did not always count calories. As I hit my original goal, the weight loss slowed to a crawl. I've learned that planning ahead is key. I've also tried to be as active as I can, walking all day at school, but also parking far from stores, walking the mall, adding in exercise every chance I can. I've watched the ups and downs with the scale after eating more carbs on the weekends and realizing even if I go over once in a while , I haven't failed. Thanks for all the success stories that have kept me going! Thanks for all the support from my fitness pal friends. I am 60 years old and today I've lost 77 lbs since last year!!

Replies

• SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    great job!!! that's quite an accomplishment.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hooray!!!!
    Great Job!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!
    :-D
  • swim777
    Options

Thanks!!!!
  • swim777
    Options
    Hooray!!!!
    Great Job!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!

Thank you!!
  • a2wom
    a2wom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very motivating too.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • jkblong
    jkblong Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very motivating for me with "only" 18 pounds to goal!
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! very inspiring!
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your job is NOT finished, you must now conquer being at maintenance.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!
  • swim777
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Very motivating for me with "only" 18 pounds to goal!

You will be there before you know it!
  • swim777
    Options
    llbrixon wrote: »
    Congrats! Your job is NOT finished, you must now conquer being at maintenance.

I'm nervous, but eager to make this healthier lifestyle permanent.
  • swim777
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    So happy for you!

Thanks!
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Your story was very inspirational to me - especially on a day like today where I'm feeling like my weight loss is so slow as to be practically non existent!
  • swim777
    Options
    Hooray!!!!
    Great Job!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!

Thanks!! I'm really thrilled to see that number on the scale!
  • swim777
    Options
    samjoy wrote: »
    Your story was very inspirational to me - especially on a day like today where I'm feeling like my weight loss is so slow as to be practically non existent!

I had many days like that! You ARE making progress, it just feels slow. Try on something that you want to fit into. I could see it in clothes even when the scale hadn't moved yet.
  • swim777
    Options

Thanks!!
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!