Looking for Friends with Similar Weight Loss Goal

Options
Hello! I'm a 25 yr old female at the start of an 80 lb weight loss journey. I'm 5'6, work a desk job, just started with a trainer, and started MFP a little less than a month ago. I am open to any and all friends, but I am looking for women with similar goals and lifestyles as mine with open diaries so I can have copilots in this journey. Thanks!

Replies

• chrissapollonia
    chrissapollonia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi ejean! I'm 26yrs old, looking forward to losing about 70lbs using MFP tools. I'm a writer and linguist, so desk job describes my lifestyle fairly well. I would love to keep in touch with you on this journey!

I started keeping track of what I've been eating and I was surprised to find that I consistantly ate almost double the daily amount of calories I would need to lose weight at the fastest healthy rate (-2lbs/week). I am NOT an active girl, but desire to add more active hobbies to my life, like hiking, camping, and kayaking. Until I can find good places to do those activities in the DC area, I am simply trying to take my puggle, "Bubs", on longer walks.

How do you feel about the rate at which you want to lose wieght? Are you trying to lose 2lbs/week or less? My alotment for calories is 1200/day, and I find it hard to eat enough potassium, vitamin A and Iron with that limitation, so I'm considering trying to lose the weight at a slower rate. I'd love to hear your input. : ) -Chrissy
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello, ejean!

I turn 25 tomorrow!! I am 5'7 and also work a desk job. I do not have a trainer, but I do run/walk on a track across the street from my house as well as I am about to start the 30 day shred DVD. I am looking to lose 70lbs. I have an open diary and would love to be friends! I will send you a request!
  • FitPinkFit
    FitPinkFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 25 years old and have a desk job as well. I've been at this since about January 8th and I've lost 32lbs so far, with at least 50 to go. I recently joined a fitness bootcamp and look forward to dropping the rest of this weight and toning up. I would love to be fit friends lol!!!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just turned 29, I'm on my way to losing 50 pounds (which is my inital goal. I may up it if I hit that nad still have room to go).
  • jaejae97
    jaejae97 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 44 years old, have been using MFP off/on for several months. I have 100 lbs to lose, I am scared, and worried that I will fail one more time...I am unsure if my diary is open or not...but I will make it open if not! My job is a desk job and I find it most difficult when I am bored...
  • theshrinkingowl
    Options
    I'm 32, still have about 70 pounds to go until my goal, and a technical writer/crazy dog lady. :)
  • andijean31
    andijean31 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, looking to lose about 50-60 more pounds (I've already lost 28 since January). I also work a desk job, but I don't go to the gym. For workouts, I mainly walk, jog, bike, or do water aerobics at a rec center.
  • manders376
    manders376 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 25 years old with just over 100 pounds to lose. I am a student right now so spend a lot of time at a desk studying :laugh:

My diary is open and I try to log everyday! Add me if you would like!
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have about 50-60 pounds to go! I'm 5'6 and working out at home with Jillian Michaels.
  • paynebearclan
    paynebearclan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a desk job as well. BOOOOO! But YAY!! Lol. I would like to lose about 80 pounds at least. Could probably make it 100 but that sounds soooooo hard (80 for some reason sounds doable and 100 not...don't ask me why!) I've only been a member for a week and I am very thankful for all the support and advice I have received. Nice to meet you. Feel free to add me. :)
  • gettingfit4Rachel
    gettingfit4Rachel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 25 SAHM but I have around 60 or so pounds to lose. Ready to get started and never look back! Add me if you like :-)
  • BahamaMama85
    BahamaMama85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can add me also! I'm 28 y/o working a desk job looking to lose 50lbs.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 23, 5'8, and looking to lose about 69 pounds (maybe more? I haven't decided yet).
    Feel free to add me :)
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,017 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, 5'5" with 50+ Lbs to go!
    My fitness journey is an open book.
    I'm calling it "From *kitten* to Fit!" haha

I'm encouraging and like to think that I'm sorta funny...sometimes.
    Let's be friends? (Open invitation for anyone to add me... I literally have 0 friends on here) :sad:
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hiya, 27, 75lb to lose (well, 72lb now!), currently unemployed though there will be certainly lots of desk aspects to my job once I get them. Currently walking and doing various youtube videos for exercise and have an open diary for friends. anyone free to add me. Annie.
  • fitnesschick08
    Options
    I'm 23 year old respiratory therapy student. So far I have lost 22 pounds. I start my weight loss journey in April. I started Jullian Michaels today and recommend everybody buys her DVD in walmart for 10 $. Its sooo good for greart results..I was told by someone who has made it to their goal weight and that is strictly all she did in addition to eating healthy. Follow mt instagram @kenyalesure to witness my journey. Anything is possible. ..keep at it and hard work pays off!!!
  • fitnesschick08
    Options
    Btw I have 40 more pounds to lose...I have been doing zumba on the wii and hiphop abs..crunches and leg raises! And ofcourse now Jullian Michaels.
  • Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi I.m Jenny, I.m 33, ,I.m a stay at home mum to twins. I.'ve got 80 lbs to loose. (anyone) Feel free to add me, my diary is open, I post every day. At the moment I.m scared to have treats in case I don.t get on the wagon again!! I go to aerobics twice a week & do exercise DVD at home once or twice a week as well. ,it's going to be a long journey for me, hoping for 2lbs a week.
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katie and I initially want to lose 60lbs but could probably do with losing more than that.

Anyone feel free to add me :-)