Trader Joe Favs

Options
Hello all:). I have a rare day off and going to do some shopping tomorrow. Their is a trader joes in the area and just wondering what everyone's faves are? Any snacks you just love?? How about their wine... I hear their two buck chuck is good... Thoughts??

Thanks for any input:)

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Love their Hummus! Also their jarred roasted red peppers. Their produce is always amazing.
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like their packaged salads, bits and pieces bacon, single serving and other nut mixes, frozen seafood, tartes (like very thin pizzas), tiny angel food cakes, interesting cheeses, bagged Asian stirfry like meals, the two buck chuck is worth a try. I always check out the fresh fruits and veggies because they sometimes have some interesting ones, but you really have to be careful because most fresh things there are close to their expiration dates.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I use two buck chuck for cooking. I find it undrinkable.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    The frozen grilled cauliflower and the asparagus are awesome to just microwave. Also the frozen roasted peppers/onion mix is great. Riced cauliflower if you can find it. Reduced guilt guacamole is very good. Ive also been extremely impressed by their produce section. I also love the 'just cooked chicken' both cold and frozen
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome suggestions!! Can't wait to go now!!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Salted crunchy Almond butter. Switched from peanut butter years ago due to the cancer link.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Colorful carrots!
    Kumato brown tomatoes!
    Persian cucumbers!
    Micro greens!
    Chicken Italian or breakfast sausages!
    Eggplant or Mediterranean hummus!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    frozen roasted corn.

they also have a pasta/veggie mix that's pretty awesome.. and the corn salsa. Oh, and the precooked frozen brown rice for when I forget to allow enough time for my own to cook.

They're one of the few places here that carry shishito peppers. nomnomnom

(and my little "dessert" lately is a simple rice cake with a little cookie butter on it. Because cookie butter.
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Freeze Dried Blueberries.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I love their BBQ sauce! I only make it to TJ's a few times a year (closest one is a couple hours from here) so I buy extras and keep a stock of it in the cupboard. Also a big fan of the white bean basil hummus, as well as some of the seasonal products.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Love their Hummus! Also their jarred roasted red peppers. Their produce is always amazing.

May vary by location. Our local TJs has had some real unreliable produce. I now only buy items I will be using within a day, they go off so quickly in my experience. Especially bell peppers, can't tell you how many I bought and ended up seeing them full of black nasties inside once I got them home!

I personally adore their freezer section. It's the only place I have found pre-made frozen Indian food entrees. I also like their bags of stir fry type helpers- the shitake chicken one is super yummy.
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You are probably already there shopping... but their peanut satay sauce is just divine. I love soaking shrimp in it and cooking them up in a cast iron for a few minutes. My daughter gobbles it up too.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Garlic Naan (frozen section)

I have an Indian friend whose mom buys that stuff. That's how legit it is.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sriracha Hummus is heaven in my mouth.

They have a great frozen bell pepper mix that is PERFECT! Already cut and sliced...I throw a handful into a skillet at almost every meal or when I make stir-fries or fajitas...saves so much time!
  • Irishsugar
    Options
    Freeze Dried Blueberries.

Oh man... I didn't see these... Next time for sure!!
  • Irishsugar
    Options
    Just got home and can't wait to try all my goodies... Their freezer section is the BOMB! Lots of great choices...

Not a hummus fan but maybe I should have grabbed some... Theirs must be better than what I tried.

Thanks for the tip on the frozen asparagus... Love asparagus but have no clue how to cook it lol

I did buy some produce... I haven't gotten any great produce anywhere so we shall see
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    We bought the mango sorbet there this afternoon and a weighed serving @ 110 calories was a decent amount and it's yummy. A little sweet but I'd buy it again. I also tried lamb vindaloo for the first time and it's another thing I'll definitely repeat.
  • QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The kale broccoli slaw salad is SO good! Oh and the fondu but they only have it around the holidays. Its such a sad day when that goes away! The taziki sauce is good. And the butter chicken frozen meal - its only like 270 for the whole package. YUM.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1. dark chocolate caramels. I have one a day.
    2. Gin gins for my sweet tooth
    3. Kefir milk
    4. zico coconut water
    5. butternut squash is $2 each
    6. low salt chicken broth
    7. whole grain water crackers
    8. red boat fish sauce
    9. Fage greek 0% yogurt
    10. Frozen gyoza- I always have these in my freezer
    11. Frozen cubed mango- staple for green smoothies
    12. chia seeds
    13. in season- spiced apple cider, condensed cream of portabello mushroom soup (the last is amazing)
    14. frozen brussels sprouts and frozen french green beans.
    15. corn and chile salsa (amazing with cubed cucumbers).
    16. low salt marinara sauce

Those are my staples but I have many other favorites.