Body measurements

Does anyone measure thigh calf wrist and ankle sizes I'm wondering what is average as my calfs are only one inch smaller then thighs thighs are in at 13 inches wrist just under 6" is this big

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes I know my measurements :- my wrist is also 6", calves are 13", my thighs are 19"... does this help you? I would say my stats are fairly average, I guess perhaps another 1" off my thighs would be ok on my frame but they already look slim enough imo.

13" for thigh sounds very small but we all are unique, perhaps you never carried any weight on your thighs..
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I'm 5'7" and my thighs are 21.75" at the widest point, calves are 12.6" (they've always been scrawny compared to the rest of me; hoping strength training will help with that), wrists are right around 6".
    Are you measuring your thighs at the widest point? And how tall are you?
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    I just measured mine and I have a 6" wrist, 20" thigh (widest point) and calves are 13". I am 5'1" and 112 lbs. I agree 13" is very small.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    I am 5'9" and 135 in lb. 34-29-37 with almost 22" thighs (athletic right now - they are 18" if I am skinny), calves 13", my wrists are 5.5" at most, I can't wear bracelets they are always too big.

Have always kind of wished that I could get calves a little bigger in relationship to my thighs, but skinny jeans are always too big in the thighs and too small in the calves already, so I think they are proportionate.

13" thighs sound really tiny, though if you are really short and thin it makes sense. If your knees are bigger than your legs, though, you aren't at a healthy weight.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    I take the measurements and weight to calculate my body fat percentage. I then use an electronic device once every few months and compare the two results.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Height 5'7", Wrist 6.5", Thigh 23" at widest, Calf 15.5" at widest, Knee 15"
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Did you mean your calves are 13"? If your thighs are 13" you probably are severely underweight. Mine at a bmi of 15.8 and having skinny thighs to begin with were around 17" so I can't imagine you being healthy with 13" thighs.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Agree with hekla90 about your thigh measurement.

As far as what is, the right measurement is not so easy to delineate. What is right or average can be dependent on your height and your frame. Take me, I’m built like a Pontiac, low to the grown and wide bodied. So my measurements would really only be relevant to other “Pontiacs,” right?
    One thing that I have read several times is that your calves should be close in measurement to your biceps, which mine are around 15” for both. I also measure forearm, neck, chest, waist, and hip.
    I keep my measurements so I can track what is going on with my body and how it is responding to what I do. I was doing a monthly measurement but have fallen out of the practice.
    FYI, my arms and legs both decreased a little from what I started at but that’s just because I was that overweight. The good thing is that my waistline has greatly decreased.
    So I said all of that to say this, don’t worry about what is right or average worry about what works for you and what looks good for you. Take your measurements as a baseline so you can then assess yourself over a period of time.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    edited March 2016
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Agree with hekla90 about your thigh measurement.

As far as what is, the right measurement is not so easy to delineate. What is right or average can be dependent on your height and your frame. Take me, I’m built like a Pontiac, low to the grown and wide bodied. So my measurements would really only be relevant to other “Pontiacs,” right?
    One thing that I have read several times is that your calves should be close in measurement to your biceps, which mine are around 15” for both. I also measure forearm, neck, chest, waist, and hip.
    I keep my measurements so I can track what is going on with my body and how it is responding to what I do. I was doing a monthly measurement but have fallen out of the practice.
    FYI, my arms and legs both decreased a little from what I started at but that’s just because I was that overweight. The good thing is that my waistline has greatly decreased.
    So I said all of that to say this, don’t worry about what is right or average worry about what works for you and what looks good for you. Take your measurements as a baseline so you can then assess yourself over a period of time.

This! Definitely track your measurements, but comparing them to others really won't benefit you much.