Healthy desk snacks

Options
I'm trying to find some healthy snacks to keep in my desk at work. I'm a counselor at a psych facility so my 8hr shifts often turn into 10-11hr+ shifts with little notice and so I want some easy pre measured foods to leave in desk so I have healthy snacks till I get a chance to have real meal.

Any suggestions on good pre measured snacks?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Look at what the grocery stores sell in little containers: apple sauce, soups, canned fruit.
    Or buy little containers on amazon so you can add pretzels, nuts, raisins, pop corn popped at home,
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Jerky, almonds, almond butter packets, protein bars. Keep a little cooler with an ice pack in it for boiled eggs, yogurt, cheese sticks, turkey and lettuce for a quick rollup.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    A similar question was asked recently and might give you a lot of good ideas. Here's the link!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10344102/desk-drawer-snacks

I don't have a desk job yet, but my go-to's as I head out the door to go to class are protein bars, Halos (the little oranges), apple slices, protein meal replacement powder (because it just needs water). I also grab either a boiled egg or a yogurt to go with my breakfast shake. If you have a microwave, you could keep oatmeal and paper bowls in your desk as well