Hey, my name is Savannah & Here is My Story

Options
Since college, I've slowly put on weight each year.My job as a funeral director and embalmer comes with a lot of stress and putting myself last. My way of coping with that stress was eatting food.I originally joined MFP in 2014 on one of my weight loss attempts. I gave up after a month on here because I didn't see the scale move very much. I know now that I was doing it the wrong way. I tried to eat pizza, chili, burgers and fries on a 1,700 calories and I only ended up starving and disgusted with myself. At work (the funeral home) people are always bringing food by. In the south, when someone dies its tradition to send food for the family. (Nothing says I'm sorry for your loss quite like a lemon pound cake) Hahaha! In January I told myself " If I keep going the way I am now, I'm going to get bigger and bigger each year. One day I will look back now and kick my own butt for not doing something." I started eating more fruit, quit cokes, and exercising 3 times a week. I've lost 5 lbs so far :) On here it says 0 because when I first joined I was 173 and in January I was 185. My first time on here I didn't have any friends and the people I have added have been a big inspiration for me. They are extremely supportive and I enjoy cheering them on. I'd love to have more friends so feel free to add me. I hope you all accomplish your goals and have a blessed day :)

Replies

• samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi Savannah, what a fascinating job! I'm just about to start reading 'Smoke Gets In Your Eyes' by Caitlin Doughty. Well done for taking control of your health, you're at the start of an exciting journey. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    That was an interesting read. I didn't agree with some of her points, but its definately worth reading.