yo-yo dieting

Options
I am having a really hard time sticking with portions and calories this time. I am mainly a meat and cheese type of person so that may be why. I know I want to lose weight, but for some reason I cannot stick with it. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can stick with it>

Replies

• ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    1. Some days eat your meat and cheese, but less of it so you are in a calorie deficit.

2. Some days increase your activity/exercise level so that you can eat larger portions and still be in a calorie deficit.

3. Some days plan to eat at your maintenance calorie level. It'll slow down the weight loss, but that's better than nothing if it"s the difference between staying on track with 1 and 2.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat meat and cheese, but not only meat and cheese, and in proper portions, and not all the time.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Track your intake using MFP, see if you can make small changes. You are learning how to eat for the rest of your life.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Eat meat and cheese, but not only meat and cheese, and in proper portions, and not all the time.

^^this. I waa raised in a meat and potatoes kind of family, so breaking out of that was a tough one. One way I found was to make delicious, lower calorie sides (vegetables,etc..) , and have meat and cheese, but just smaller/proper portion sizes. That way, you still get what you want, and the calories stay down.
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your food diary. You really need to log your food, that way you can see where your calories are going and make changes accordingly. If you're a meat and cheese eater, then eat them, just smaller portions or every other day. Try filling up on veggies and whole grains. Water also helps... a lot!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Track your intake using MFP, see if you can make small changes. You are learning how to eat for the rest of your life.

^^^^ Absolutely! My greatest inspiration is my sister-in-law. Saw her at the holidays and noticed she'd lost weight. While she gained and lost large amounts of weight over the years (yo-yo dieting, trying any new diet out there, etc.), she never maintained the weight loss. She would exercise like a crazy woman. When I saw her at the holidays and asked her how she lost it she told me "I've been watching what I eat for a year now. People just started to notice." Now I don't beat myself up if I go over my calories one day. If I want a piece of chocolate cake, I eat it. But I track it all on mfp and make up for it through exercise or diet the next day. And if I only lose a pound every two weeks, I'm good with that. What I did not do was gain a pound. And always remember that a pound is four sticks of butter. Like queenliz99 said, we are learning how to eat for the rest of our lives.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    We use really lean meats 96/4 ground beef, ham center cuts, turkey, chicken, fish and then we get low fat cheeses (no it's not as good but it gets you cheese and keeps your macros and calories in check).
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Food scale? Having one helps me keep my portions in control. I weigh it out then log it. Once I log it I feel like I'm accountable to eat just that because I don't want to go back and add more calories to my log!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat and drink be 1000% honest the only person we cheat not doing this is ourselves.

Weigh measure everything.

Make your own data base of foods and exercise calories on here there not all accurate on here.

Water drink it through the day sipped.

Have treats or it becomes like a diet which your aiming fur a new life style .

Don't ever use the word diet that makes you feel deprived.