Trying once again!!

Options
Hello!
My name is LuAnn, and I had a stroke February 18th, 2014, which resulted in a major weight gain for me. I also have osteoarthritis, so between the 2, I wasn't moving around much. I want to get in shape now that I am feeling better. Hubby got us a treadmill, and I have a dear friend for support. My doctor said to count calories, which at first was really hard, so a friend suggested I come here. When I went to sign in, I found that I had a already joined a few years back. So I am back and ready to get rid of this weight!! I live in Mount Vernon, Ohio in the country, with my hubby, 2 dogs, and 4 outside cats

Replies

• adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi LuAnn! Welcome back. I live in Pittsburgh, just a few short miles outside of downtown. I've just returned to MFP last Monday after a hiatus also. I've lot lots to lose, and much to gain in the process. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck, looking forward to following your progress.
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Hi LuAnn and Adaffern we are just beginning a group called Losin' it. We are beginning the challenges next week after everyone gets settled in and finds the group. We offer encouragement, support, and motivation. We have exercise challenges weekly like...10,000 steps a day or who can dance the longest time over a week period. We also have food challenges like eating a rainbow each day or eating 24 or the 26 alphabet in healthy food each week . Let me know if you're interested and we'll add you!! You can send me a private message or go the community, groups, then find Losin' it and ask to be in the group. Have a blessed day!!
  • joieleor
    joieleor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi LuAnn and Adaffern. My name is Lisa and I also returned after a long hiatus. I have MS, which sometimes makes me want to nap more than any other activity so motivation is often a challenge. I have been back on MFP for about 3 weeks and am just starting to feel better. I live in Columbus, Ohio and am looking to connect with others for that increased motivation. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck to you both!