Grocery Shopping: "I only need three things"...

Options
13»

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    Everyone missed the big question---- Did you get the three things you needed???? :D

I go into a shop, buy loads I don't need and never manage to pick up the thing I left the house for!

Me too - that's why I asked.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I had a planned quick trip to trader Joe's today for about 10 - 15$ worth and then after picking up my daughter from college she reminded me it's spring break. So, knowing I won't be near tjs for a week and a half instead I spent $50.....I was lured in by the smoked rainbow trout. And lamb vindaloo...and jalapeño chicken sausages...and. ...

I'm not sure if I got what I needed I got so distracted lol. Told my daughter I might be mad tomorrow when I go to make something.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Well I have four boys. So buying out the produce section a few times a week works in my favor. The problem is frozen stuff when I have no more room left in the freezer.

Thats us....4 kids and I cant keep anything stocked it seems. I do a full shop 2 times a week and usually stop in 1 other time. Its simply amazing how much active kids can pack away!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Just bring enough cash to get what you went in for in the first place....no cash, no extras. lol.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    lmao... me every time I go into the grocery store, target, walmart, forever21 and lululemon :D
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'm too ocd to shop without a list. I make a monthly meal plan and I have a word document that is an inventory of what is currently in my deep freezer, fridge/freezer, my garage stockpile, and pantry.

I shop weekly at 2 grocery stores. One that I coupon at and the other for the rest of what I need. I always go with a list.