The unwanted fat really needs to go.

Options
wobchunk
wobchunk Posts: 47 Member
Good evening all

I'm in need of seeing the old happy me again, the new me is not making me feel happy right now as she is overweight, I'm 35 and I need to lose 2 stone before May 11th. . . my deadline, not for a wedding, a cruise, or a holiday but for me.

P.s I have already lost 5lbs just need to keep pushing, I know I can do this.

Replies

• Fitaniya
    Fitaniya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    B) good
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    That's just over 2 months to lose 2 stone................... With 14lb in a stone that means you would have to lose 3.5lb every single week. That's a deficit of 12,250 calories a week, or 1750 calories a day.

To give you an idea of what that involve................. We're talking a spin class, a 5-mile run and a 500 cal food deficit EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The 5lb you've just lost is water weight. You will not sustain that.

Adjust your goals to something healthy and realistic.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Please consider getting rid of the "deadline." Losing weight, even if it's not 2 stone by such n' such date is still success.

28 pounds in 68 days is a very tall order (if you just have 28 pounds to lose). That's .412 pounds a day, or 2.88 pounds a week. That's more than a 10,000 calorie deficit every week. As you become a smaller person, that deficit becomes harder still.

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    wobchunk wrote: »
    Good evening all

I'm in need of seeing the old happy me again, the new me is not making me feel happy right now as she is overweight, I'm 35 and I need to lose 2 stone before May 11th. . . my deadline, not for a wedding, a cruise, or a holiday but for me.

P.s I have already lost 5lbs just need to keep pushing, I know I can do this.

Not sure, if you need to lose weight for yourself, then why put such unrealistic goal to lose 2 stones before May 11th?

Remember, weight loss & healthy living is lifestyle.. not just a goal.

Saying that, losing two stones (28 pounds) in around 65 days is very possible task, but you will have to hit the gym for at-least few hours daily and have a strict low calorie diet plan for all these days... no slipping or snoozing.

Losing around 2 pounds/week is what's recommended, you will need to lose around 2-3 per week & you have 9 weeks.

All the best.
  • wobchunk
    wobchunk Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies, I lost it before in a short space of time that is why I gave myself that time, but I guess your all right especially if I want to keep it off for good.

Thank you.