CHINA BUFFET

Options
butterjoy
butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF THE CHINA BUFFET FOOD. I REALLY LIKE CHINESE FOOD SUCH AS CHICKEN IN PEANUT SAUCE; BAKED CHEESE CRAB; PINEAPPLE CHICKEN, ETC.
THANKS,
JOY:smile:

Replies

• butterjoy
    Options
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF THE CHINA BUFFET FOOD. I REALLY LIKE CHINESE FOOD SUCH AS CHICKEN IN PEANUT SAUCE; BAKED CHEESE CRAB; PINEAPPLE CHICKEN, ETC.
    THANKS,
    JOY:smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-restaurant-international-foods_c-Y2lkPTM5JmJpZD0yMDcmc2lkPS0xJnBhcj0.html

This is a good site for that sort of thing. The news will most likely not be good, sorry.

:flowerforyou:
  • butterjoy
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR SENDING ME THE INFORMATION. I DID CHECK IT AND FOUND THE CRAB RANGOON BUT THE TWO TYPES OF CHICKEN WERE NOT LISTED.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I would just avoid Chinese (and all) buffets at this point. It's impossible to calculate the calories, trans fat, saturated fat, and sodium in buffet foods.

Don't get me wrong, I love buffets. After all, I grew up in Las Vegas and the buffet was a staple in my diet growing up but to lose weight, buffets do more harm than help. All those delicious foods, desserts, alcohol....it's not quite conducive to losing weight.

Sure you can do the buffet in moderation and check what you ate online once you get home...but calorieking.com's rangoon most likely isn't made the same as the rangoon from the Chinese restaurant.

I'd just be careful, that's all. I only want to see you succeed!
  • butterjoy
    Options
    YESTERDAY I WAS HAPPY AND DECIDED TO EAT AT THE CHINA BUFFET. WE DON'T GO THERE VERY OFTEN. YEAH, I KNOW IT IS A NO, NO. SO, I WILL WAIT A LONG TIME BEFORE DOING IT AGAIN. :wink:
    THANKS EVERYONE!
    JOY
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese too! I just stick to certain foods and seem to be ok. I don't go often but I don't avoid it completely either.

I usually get a soup of some kind like egg drop or hot n sour which are a little more reasonable. They do have a high sodium content so just drink a lot of water and watch your sodium the rest of the day.

Also, the steamed veggie dumplings are GREAT! And I also like chicken with broccoli with the sauce on the side. You can do the little "fork dip" with the sauce like you would with salad dressing and it gives the food flavor without saturating it.

Hope that helps for future Chinese cravings! :)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I think someone has a broken caps lock button. :wink:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hehe, I love asian ethnic food also. Chinese, Thai, Sushi, Japanese, I could eat it every meal. There are healthy(ier) options if you search for them, but all in all, it's probably better just to avoid it. :sad: