Appetite and Cardio/Activity level

I'm curious, for those that have substantially increased activity level, did your appetite increase such that you could eat more food at meal times and throughout the day? Or was the amount of food that you could eat at one sitting still the same? I've often wondered how activity level plays a role in appetite.
In other words, I'm wondering if in general, going from being sedentary and (for example) a 2000 calorie burn to active and 2500 calorie burn might change appetite. Over the years I've made significant changes in my activity level, but my diet has changed some so it's hard to really evaluate.

I'm guessing that answers to this question may vary from individual to individual.

Replies

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Is this only for those in maintenance? Eating at a deficit and being active I very rarely feel full or that I've eaten all I want, even though I'm not technically hungry and I'm eating enough overall.

Also, what do you mean by appetite? The want for food or the feeling of hunger?
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    xLyric wrote: »
    Is this only for those in maintenance? Eating at a deficit and being active I very rarely feel full or that I've eaten all I want, even though I'm not technically hungry and I'm eating enough overall.

Also, what do you mean by appetite? The want for food or the feeling of hunger?
    I meant eating at maintenance and more so the feeling of hunger.